SANParks Community Bursary Application. South African National Parks (SANParks) is looking for motivated young people who will be beginning their first year of undergraduate study.
How SANParks operates:
In accordance with the National Environmental Management: Protected Areas Act, 2003 (Act No. 57 of 2003), South African National Parks (SANParks) was created. The main responsibility of SANParks is to manage the national park system that protects South Africa’s biodiversity, landscapes, and associated cultural assets. Additionally, it must make sure that South Africans participate in biodiversity programs and get interested in them, and that all of its operations work in harmony with nearby communities for the sake of education and socioeconomic development.
Growing community support, enabling access, benefit-sharing, and helping local communities are some of SANParks’ strategic goals, which is why they are inviting applications for the bursary opportunity. This bursary program, which will be implemented by SANParks starting in the 2024 academic year, is designed to help kids who live in neighborhoods close to or next to National Parks.
SANParks Community Bursary:
The Field of study applied for but not limited to, include Degree & National Diploma in the field of:
- Environmental Sciences including Nature Conservation, Environmental management, and Game ranch management
- Tourism studies/Hospitality management
- Community Development and Development studies
- Social Sciences
- Youth development
This Scholarship Is All-Inclusive: In addition to the need to boost the involvement of women, people with disabilities, and other designated groups, academic performance will also be taken into account throughout the selection process.
Your Application Must Be Accompanied By The Following Documents:
- Motivation letter indicating the reasons for the required bursary as well as the field of study you are applying for
- A Comprehensive updated CV
- A copy of your certified identity document
- A copy of your certified latest academic record;
- Acceptance letter from the registered/accredited public institution of Higher Education (University, TVET, College, University of Technology)
- Proof of residential address
- If receiving a social grant, please attach an affidavit indicating that the income is less than the threshold
NB: Failure to attach these documents will result in your application being null and void. Please note that applications must be for full-time studies towards an academic diploma/degree at an accredited public South African College/University of Technology/University.
- Recipients of the SANParks bursary Scheme must be South African citizens.
- They must be learners from communities living adjacent to National Parks as defined in their management plans.
- Proof of application and admission to an accredited institution of Higher Education eligibility for funding.
- Must be entering post-matric study in 2024.
- The bursary is open to students who are pursuing a qualification in a TVET college.
- Must be youth, aged 18 – 35
- For students currently registered at an Institution of Higher Education, they must have a 100% pass rate to be considered (passed all the courses for which you have registered at the university for the study period already completed).
How To Apply:
To apply visit https://www.sanparks.org/ and navigate to the dedicated application page. Follow the instructions, submit the required documents, and provide detailed information about your qualifications, experiences, and aspirations. Click Here
Share this with at least three individuals you believe will find it useful.
Please leave your questions in the comment section below.