Pasta Americana recipe step by step instructions, list of pasta americana ingredients, easy pasta americana food directions
When people hear the word pasta, they automatically think of spaghetti and meatballs, fettuccine Alfredo, or maybe even angel hair pasta with butter and parmesan cheese. However, there are many other types of pastas that you can make at home that your family will love just as much as their more well-known cousins. Pasta Americana is a great example of how to prepare pasta the right way. It combines several different types of pasta into one hearty dish that satisfies hunger without weighing you down too much afterwards.
What is Pasta Americana?
Pasta Americana, or pasta with cheese, tomato sauce, and sometimes meat, is one of Italy’s national dishes and perhaps its most iconic food export to the rest of the world. While pasta dishes vary by region in Italy and can include everything from seafood to vegetables, the basic recipe remains largely the same throughout the country: pasta noodles, sliced tomatoes, shredded parmesan cheese, and olive oil, cooked together in one pot and served hot . Here are some tips on how to prepare pasta Americana at home!
While pasta was one of Italy’s greatest gifts to humankind, their flag-bearer is usually spaghetti. But a lesser known regional Italian dish called pasta Americana has been around longer than America itself. Dating back as far as 1492, it was reportedly named after Christopher Columbus’ discovery of potatoes in North America and has also been described as a spinoff from another Italian classic: pizza. Created before tomato sauce was popularized, pasta Americana is traditionally made with olive oil and herbs, perhaps including mint and parsley for color.
Pasta Americana Recipe Facts
Recipe: Pasta Americana Recipe
Author: LHH Food
Ingredients: Ingredients list here
Instructions: Click to go to process
Average rating: 4.9 of 5.0 from 175 reviews
Tags: pasta americana, pasta americana recipe, pasta americana food, how to make pasta americana, pasta americana recipe video, easy method of making pasta americana, video on how to prepare pasta americana, how to prepare pasta americana, pasta americana instructions video, pasta americana recipe methods, pasta americana recipe tips, pasta americana recipe pictures, pasta americana food photos, pasta americana step by step instructions, pasta americana cooking methods, pasta americana methods, pasta americana cooking directions
About: Pasta Americana recipe guide. Learn how to make your authentic food, pasta americana.
Pasta Americana Ingredients List
- 1 package of your favorite pasta
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1/2 pound bacon, chopped
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2-4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon red pepper, crushed
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 30oz of crushed or diced tomatoes, or 1 jar of your favorite sauce
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Grated parmesan or pecorino romano
Pasta Americana recipe step by step
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, heated in a skillet After adding the bacon, cook for 5-7 minutes, or until desired crispness is obtained. After the bacon has been removed to a clean plate, return it to the pan to finish frying.
- With the sliced onion, fry for 3-4 minutes, then add the minced garlic and red pepper and simmer for another 3 minutes.
- To give your sauce a rich flavor, add the white wine to the pan and scrape up all of the crumbs from the bottom with a spoon.
- Cook for 3 minutes, or until the alcohol has completely evaporated.
- In a skillet, bring the tomatoes or sauce to a vigorous simmer.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 15-20 minutes.
- Follow the package directions for cooking the pasta. After 20 minutes, take a taste of your sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss your noodles in the pan with a handful of parmesan cheese.
- Serve with a dash of black pepper and a dusting of parmesan cheese on top.
Pasta Americana food images
Video on How to make Pasta Americana
Learn how to make pasta americana. This is a video on how to prepare fantastic pasta americana.
How to make Pasta Americana, endnote
Preparing pasta Americana is a fantastic way to introduce a new, healthy meal into your routine. The preparation is simple and straightforward, making it a perfect first step for anyone looking to expand their culinary horizons. It can be prepared in multiple ways, too: on its own or as an accompaniment. By preparing pasta yourself, you can control exactly what goes into it and make sure you have fresh ingredients at all times. Remember that preparation matters just as much as what goes into your food: cook your pasta correctly so it will be enjoyable from beginning to end!