Garnachas are commonly eaten in Latin America, but they can be found in many different countries around the world! It’s easy to see why, since they are so good! Garnachas make a great snack, or you can even serve them as an appetizer before dinner. You could also enjoy garnachas with eggs for breakfast or at any other meal of the day!
Garnachas are an traditional dish that are similar to tacos, burritos and quesadillas and have been around for awhile. Here are list if ingredients, some tips on how to make the perfect garnacha recipe every time!
What are Garnachas?
Garnacha is a crispy tortilla topped with tomato sauce, meat, and potatoes. Spices are used to season the meat in a mestizo manner, which changes the components to make the flavor more delicate.
Garnachas is thought to have been invented by the Incas. It is similar to the South American empanada brand. It contains flour, lard, onions, and cheese. After filling, fold the dough and seal the edges to form a triangle with the filling inside. This is then flattened into a half-moon shape and fried in oil until golden brown. For a softer crust, Garnachas can also be baked in the oven.
They are meat-topped tortillas with marinated cabbage, salsa, and grated cheese. Garnachas, like tacos, require some assembly, but the results are well worth the effort. Its preparation is similar to that of Mexican sopes, but it is distinguished by the filling.
Garnachas are Ecuador’s version of pizza. It’s a traditional Latin American dish made of thick dough, natural cheese, oil, and other ingredients. Garnachas are a delicious alternative to pizza and can be found in other South American countries, most notably Mexico.
Recipe: Garnachas Recipe
Category: Appetizers, Snacks
Author: LHH Food
Average rating: 4.8 of 5.0 from 85 reviews
Tags: garnachas, garnacha, garnachas recipe, how to make garnachas, recipe video, easy method of making garnachas, video on how to prepare garnachas, how to prepare garnachas, garnachas instructions video, garnachas recipe methods, garnachas recipe tips, garnachas recipe pictures, garnaches, garnaches recipe, garnachas food photos, garnachas step by step making, garnachas cooking methods, garnachas methods, garnachas cooking directions
About: Garnachas recipe guide. Garnacha is prepared with small and thick tortillas with tomato sauce, beef and veggies toppings from Oaxaca Mexico.
- 1 pound prepared masa harina for tortillas
- oil for frying
- ½ large onion, chopped
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 large potatoes, chopped in cubes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 5 ounces queso fresco, crumbled
- 2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- cilantro springs
- 1 ½ cup sour cream
Garnachas recipe step by step
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil and sauté onion until soft. Cook until the meat is fully cooked and the potatoes are tender, then add the ground beef, potatoes, salt, and pepper to taste. Affixed to the side.
- Squeeze the edges together and shape into a 12-inch trim by forming masa into 4-inch patties.
- Preheat a deep frying pan over low-medium heat. Pour enough oil into the container to fill it 14 percent full.
- Once the oil has reached 325°F, carefully place masa patties in it. Fry each side for 90 seconds or until golden brown.
- Remove from the hot oil and place in a paper towel-lined dish. Continue to fry the masa patties until they are all golden brown.
- To assemble, top each fried masa patty with 3 tablespoons of the ground beef mixture.
- On top, there’s shredded cabbage, diced tomato, cilantro, sour cream, and queso fresco.
- Before serving, reheat the dish.
Recipe Video on How to make Garnachas
Learn how to make garnachas. Garnacha is prepared with small and thick tortillas with tomato sauce, beef and veggies toppings from Oaxaca Mexico. This is a video on how to prepare fantastic garnachas.
If you’re looking to break out of your food rut with something new and different, look no further than Garnachas. This traditional dish can made with leftover rice and potatoes from the previous day, so it’s economical as well as delicious! To make the perfect Garnachas recipe, follow these simple steps in this article!