Walk Me Down Drink
Walk Me Down Drink is a special powerful cocktail from United States. Learn the history and facts; easy walk me down drink recipe and ingredients; professional tips and variations to make yours at home conveniently.
This article contains the following subheadings:
- Description: What it is, history, and facts.
- The Recipe: Detailed information on preparation and more.
- Ingredients: List of ingredients.
- Instructions: The step-by-step.
If you’re wondering what the walk me down drink is or how to make it, then I’ve got you covered. A walk me down drink, also known as a hangover cure, can have many variations depending on where you live or who you ask, but all versions have this one thing in common – they’re all boozy and strong! With only few simple ingredients, this recipe will only take less than 10 minutes to prepare.
What is Walk Me Down Drink?
Walk me down is an iced cocktail mixed with blue curacao, tequila and rum. Originally from the southern United States, this drink is perfect for starting your day off right or for a sultry evening on the porch.
A walk me down cocktail is a refreshing drink that can be enjoyed in the morning or evening. It can be made by mixing iced tea, lemonade and vodka together, with each liquor having its own specific ratio.
The drink first became popular in the south after World War I when it was originally called a walk me down because of its ability to calm nerves and settle an upset stomach. But as more alcohol was added, we have so many variations.
According to food expert Paula Lambert, A walk-me-down is like a cold toddy for breakfast. The walk me down cocktail is a cocktail that’s typically consumed in the morning.
This drink can be served as an alcoholic beverage or used as a mixer for many different cocktails.
Walk Me Down Drink Recipe
LHH Food presents this unique Walk Me Down Drink Recipe, a popular Mexican Dessert. It takes to prepare and .
Ingredients needed for Walk Me Down Drink
- 1/2 ounce rum
- 1/2 ounce triple sec
- 1/2 ounce blue curaçao
- 1/2 ounce gin
- 1/2 ounce tequila
- 1 ounce sweet and sour mix
- 4 ounces lemon-lime soda
- Use lemon slice, wedge or wheel for garnish
How to make Walk Me Down Drink step by step
- Combine the rum, triple sec, blue curaçao, gin, tequila, and sweet and sour in a cocktail shaker with enough ice.
- Shake vigorously to combine.
- Pour into an ice-filled Collins glass.
- Add the soda and mix well.
- Garnish with a slice of lemon.
Substitute and Variations
- Substitute ginger ale or club soda for the lemon-lime soda.
- Add a dash of grenadine to make it slightly sweeter and more purple in color.
- Substitute equal parts rum and coconut rum.
- Substitute a 1/2 ounce triple sec and a coke topper for the lemon lime soda and blue curacao.
- Midori can be replaced with blue curacao.
- You could omit the blue curacao and replace it with triple sec and cranberry juice!
Recipe Video: How to make Walk Me Down Drink
Learn how to make walk me down drink. This is a video on how to prepare your walk me down drink.
Rated: 4.9 of 5.0 from 452 reviews.
Recipe tags: walk me down drink, walk me down drink recipe, cocktail, what is walk me down drink, walk me down drink cocktail, how to make walk me down drink, walk me down drink recipe video, easy method of making walk me down drink, video on how to prepare walk me down drink, how to prepare walk me down drink, walk me down drink instructions video, walk me down drink recipe methods, walk me down drink recipe tips, walk me down drink recipe pictures, walk me down drink step by step instructions, walk me down drink cooking methods, walk me down drink methods, walk me down drink cooking directions