Torta de Milanesa – A delicious Mexican dish that is perfect for any occasion! Milanesa Torta, this Mexican dish can be served as either an appetizer or main course. Make it the center of attention at your next gathering!
One of the best things about Milanesa is that it’s made up of simple ingredients and it’s very easy to make, especially when you follow these step-by-step instructions! No matter how much you love tortas, I can guarantee you that this recipe will become one of your favorites!
A torta is an open-faced sandwich that originated in Mexico, but you don’t have to be south of the border to enjoy it! Torta de Milanesa is a delicious Mexican dish that uses breaded meat cutlets and cheese as the main ingredients. Torta de Milanesa comes from the Italian word torta which means cake, but has recently become very popular in Central America and South America, especially in Mexico where there are many different variations of this delicious dish.
What is Torta de Milanesa?
Milanesa is akin to a South American fried chicken steak. It’s basically one of the most fantastic things ever made since it combines crunchy fried pork with bread and avocado. While the term “torta” is used in various nations to describe a range of cuisines, it refers to a classic Mexican sandwich in this example.
A torta de milanesa is a Mexican sandwich made with milanesa, a thinly pounded pork cutlet coated in pan molido (breadcrumbs) and fried till golden brown and crispy. On a bolillo or telera, the cutlet is served with avocado or guacamole, creme or mayonnaise, frijoles refritos (refried beans), pickled jalapeos, fresh lime juice, and cotija cheese (soft bread roll).
Tortas are often served on a soft, slightly lighter-textured bread roll similar to ciabatta, and can be stacked high with ham, avocado, eggs, and pig (milanesa). Chicken breasts (milanesa de pollo) or beef can also be used to make a torta de milanesa (milanesa de res). Milanesa de res are thinly sliced steak pieces coated with bread crumbs and fried till golden and crisp.
Milanesas can be eaten whole, with beans and rice, or thinly sliced for taco filling. One of the most common ways to eat milanesas is in tortas with lettuce, onion, tomato, and avocado on a toasted bolillo bread with a few pickled jalapeos on the side. Like most Mexican tortas, these beef tortas de milanesa can be eaten at any time of day.
Recipe: Torta de Milanesa Recipe
Cuisine: South American
Author: LHH Food
Ingredients: Ingredients list here
Instructions: Click to go to process
Average rating: 4.9 of 5.0 from 452 reviews
Tags: torta milanesa, milanesa torta, torta de milanesa, torta de milanesa recipe, torta de milanesa food, how to make torta de milanesa, torta de milanesa recipe video, easy method of making torta de milanesa, video on how to prepare torta de milanesa, how to prepare torta de milanesa, torta de milanesa instructions video, torta de milanesa recipe methods, torta de milanesa recipe tips, torta de milanesa recipe pictures, torta de milanesa food photos, torta de milanesa step by step instructions, torta de milanesa cooking methods, torta de milanesa methods, torta de milanesa cooking directions
About: Torta de Milanesa recipe guide. Torta de Milanesa is a breaded milanesa stuffed into bread.
- 5 chicken cutlets (4-ounce, about 1/4-inch thick)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil or Vegetable oil, for frying
- 4 bolillo or telera rolls or French bread
- 12 slices avocado, 1/4-inch
- 12 slices pickled jalapeno or 4 canned chipotles in adobo
- 12 thin slices white onion
- 8 slices tomato, 1/4-inch
- 4 leaves iceberg lettuce
- 8 lime wedges, for garnish
- Mayonnaise, optional
How to make Torta de Milanesa step by step
- Season the cutlets with salt and pepper all over.
- On a plate, season the flour with salt and pepper.
- Beat the eggs in a shallow dish and place the breadcrumbs on a separate plate.
- Dip the cutlets in flour, eggs, and breadcrumbs, pressing down on both sides to ensure the breadcrumbs adhere to the flesh.
- Heat enough oil to come up 1/3 of the way up the sides of a big skillet until a deep-frying thermometer inserted in the oil registers 350°F.
- 2 minutes per side, pan-fry the cutlets in two batches until brown.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer to paper towels to drain.
- Cut the buns in half horizontally to make the sandwiches.
- Remove and discard the bread slices’ soft cores.
- Top the cutlets with lettuce, tomato, avocado, onion, and jalapeno, as well as mayonnaise if preferred, on the bottom halves of the rolls.
- Serve the sandwiches with lime wedges on top on serving plates.
Torta de Milanesa dish i pictures
Video on How to make Torta de Milanesa
Learn how to make torta de milanesa. Torta de Milanesa is a breaded milanesa stuffed into bread. This is a video on how to prepare fantastic torta de milanesa.
How to make Torta de Milanesa – A delicious Mexican dish that is perfect for any occasion! Torta de Milanesa, also known as breaded meatloaf, has been enjoyed in Mexico since the 1940s and was created by an Italian immigrant named Francesco Pascucci. To this day, it remains one of the most popular Mexican dishes served in restaurants across the country and by taking the time to learn how to make Torta de Milanesa you can start enjoying it at home too!