The cheese bagel, egg and steak combination is a favorite among many Americans, and it can easily be made at home with the following simple recipe. A Steak, Egg and Cheese Bagel, or egg bagel, is a type of breakfast sandwich often eaten in the United States. It’s the perfect meal or snack to make ahead of time and take with you on the go. If you have picky kids who love steak and eggs but refuse to eat anything else for breakfast, this bagel sandwich might be just what you need to help them get their daily nutrients in a tasty way. Read on to learn how to make one at home!
How many times have you gotten that late night craving for bagels and had to settle for something less than great? It’s okay, it happens to the best of us – but not anymore! This article shows you how to make the ultimate Steak, Egg and Cheese Bagel recipe at home, and it’s so simple, even your kids can help you!
What is it?
Bagel is a type of bread made from yeasted wheat dough that is roughly shaped into a ring and baked. The dough is flavored with things like poppy seeds, sesame seeds, salt, garlic, and onion. A bagel may contain ingredients such as onion, garlic, sesame, poppy seeds, salt, egg, flour, malt, and barley in addition to dough.
The Steak, Egg, and Cheese Bagel is a popular choice. What exactly is a Steak, Egg, and Cheese Bagel? If you’re from New York, you’ll recognize it as a bagel with a slice of cheese, a strip of steak, and an egg. We’ll explain if you’re not from New York.
On a freshly toasted bagel, a tender, juicy steak patty (mine is cooked in wagyu fat), a fluffy folded egg, melty American cheese, and delicious grilled onions are served. Bagels are a well-known type of bread or roll. It is a bread-like ring that is important in both Jewish and New York cultures.
If you like bagels, eggs, and steak, you’ll like steak, egg, and cheese bagels. Yes, you read that correctly. If you enjoy eating bagels and you enjoy steak and cheese, you will enjoy steak and cheese bagels. So, to summarize, steak, egg, and cheese bagels are the perfect breakfast.
Recipe: Steak, Egg and Cheese Bagel Recipe
Author: LHH Food
Ingredients: Ingredients list here
Instructions: Click to go to process
Average rating: 4.9 of 5.0 from 283 reviews
Tags: steak egg and cheese bagel, McDonaldsteak egg and cheese bagel, steak egg and cheese bagel recipe, steak egg and cheese bagel food, how to make steak egg and cheese bagel, steak egg and cheese bagel recipe video, easy method of making steak egg and cheese bagel, video on how to prepare steak egg and cheese bagel, how to prepare steak egg and cheese bagel, steak egg and cheese bagel instructions video, steak egg and cheese bagel recipe methods, steak egg and cheese bagel recipe tips, steak egg and cheese bagel recipe pictures, steak egg and cheese bagel food photos, steak egg and cheese bagel step by step instructions, steak egg and cheese bagel cooking methods, steak egg and cheese bagel methods, steak egg and cheese bagel cooking directions
About: Steak, Egg and Cheese Bagel recipe guide. Homemade McDonald’s steak egg and cheese bagel. Learn how to make your authentic food, steak, egg and cheese bagel.
Steak, Egg and Cheese Bagel Ingredients List
Here you have all the list of ingredients for making Steak, Egg and Cheese Bagel. Directions and how to prepare steak, egg and cheese bagel follows after.
For The Bagel Bread
- 1 and half cups warm water
- 2 teaspoons instant or active dry yeast
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 tsps olive oil
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 lb rib eye steak
- 2 tablespoons Grill Mates Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1 and half tsp black pepper
- 5 large eggs
- 5 teaspoons butter
- 2 and half tsps water
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 slices cheddar cheese
- 5 biscuits, split in half
How to Make Steak, Egg and Cheese Bagel step by step
- In a mixing bowl, combine the warm water and yeast. Cover and set aside for 5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, sugar, and salt.
- Mix together the flour, sugar, and salt mixture with the yeast and water mixture to form a dough.
- The dough is very stiff and appears to be somewhat dry.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured flat surface.
- Knead the dough for 4-5 minutes with lightly floured hands.
- It will be too heavy for a mixer if you mix it in one.
- At this point, lightly oil a large mixing bowl.
- Turn the dough in the bowl to coat all sides with the oil.
- Wrap the bowl in aluminum foil or a kitchen towel.
- Allow the dough to rise for an hour at room temperature.
- Use parchment paper or silicone baking mats to line two large baking sheets.
- It’s now time to form your bagels from the risen dough; When the dough is finished, punch it down to release any trapped air bubbles.
- Make 6-8 equal pieces of dough.
- Roll each piece into a ball and cut it horizontally for your cheese bagel.
- Cover the shaped bagels loosely with a kitchen towel and set aside for a few minutes.
- Fill a large, wide pot halfway with water and whisk in the honey.
- When the water begins to boil, add your bagels.
- 1 minute on each side of the bagels
- Brush the egg on top and around the sides of each bagel with a pastry brush.
- Preheat the oven to 200°F and bake the bagels for 20 minutes.
- Remove when the bagels are well baked, which you can check with a toothpick, and set aside.
- Season both sides of the steak.
- Incorporate the seasoning into the meat.
- Heat an oiled frying pan over high heat.
- When the pan is hot, add the steak and sear on both sides for about 3-5 minutes per side, or until the meat is cooked to the desired temperature.
- Allow the teak to rest for 5-8 minutes.
- Thinly slice against the grain
- Prepare the eggs while the steak is resting. 1 egg, 1/2 teaspoon water, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (for the first bagel dough)
- Preheat a nonstick skillet over low heat.
- In a small saucepan, melt 1 teaspoon of butter.
- Pour in the beaten egg and tilt the pan to coat thoroughly.
- 1 slice of cheese should be placed in the center.
- Fold the sides of the egg over the cheese with a spatula until you have a square with the cheese in the center.
- Slide the egg onto a biscuit and top with a few slices of steak and the top half of the biscuit.
- Repeat with the remaining four servings of eggs, steak, and cheese.
- Wrap in parchment paper for easy serving.
- Serve right away.
Steak, Egg and Cheese Bagel pictures
Video on How to make Steak, Egg and Cheese Bagel
Learn how to make steak, egg and cheese bagel. Homemade McDonald’s steak, egg and cheese bagel. This is a video on how to prepare fantastic steak, egg and cheese bagel.
If you’re thinking that sounds like the best breakfast ever, we agree! It’s called the Steak, Egg and Cheese Bagel because it combines two of America’s most famous breakfast sandwich ingredients (egg and cheese) and one of America’s favorite sandwich ingredients (steak). This sandwich also works with lunch or dinner ingredients as well, just to mix things up every once in a while – but we wouldn’t dream of using anything but steak. Check out this recipe above so you can start enjoying your very own delicious Steak, Egg and Cheese Bagel!