Quick, tasty, and budget-friendly meals are hard to come by, but this Tallarines Verdes recipe gives you the best of all three. It’s easy to prepare and cook, so you’ll spend less time in the kitchen and more time enjoying your Tallarines Verdes with family and friends! If you’re looking for an easy but still incredible recipe that tastes great, try this Tallarines Verdes recipe today!
Tallarines verdes, also known as green noodles, are a delicious traditional Venezuelan dish that’s high in fiber and vitamin C. The green color comes from the use of an herb, which give the tallarines their vibrant green hue and distinct flavor. Read on to learn how to make this simple but tasty dish!
What is Tallarines Verdes?
Tallarines verdes is a type of green spaghetti. It is frequently accompanied by chopped cilantro and a cool creamy sauce. Tallarines Verdes is a silky and savory pesto sauce that goes well with pasta for a quick and tasty meal. It’s delicious on its own or as a side dish. The sauce is delicious enough to eat by the spoonful, but it can also be used to flavor pizza, mayo, or dips.
Tallarines Verdes is strikingly similar to pesto, a popular Ligurian dish. In fact, the two dishes are nearly identical. Both use green sauces made with leaves, oil, garlic, almonds, and cheese. The only significant differences are the leaves, nuts, and cheese used. Tallarines verdes are made with basil and spinach, walnuts, and queso fresco, whereas pesto is made with basil leaves, pine nuts, and parmesan. While there is a difference, it is safe to assume that if you like pesto, you will like tallarines verdes.
This comfort food classic is an excellent example of Peruvian cuisine’s Italian influence. Peruvian vegetables and herbs give this pesto-inspired dish a sweet twist, making it a must-have on Peruvian menus. For richness, we use plant-based mayo and avocado, jalepeos for spiciness, and white vinegar to balance everything out.
This sauce is distinguished by the aromatic and unrivaled culantro, which can be found in most Caribbean, Latin American, East Asian, and farmer’s markets. If you can’t find it, just double the cilantro in this recipe. Finishing with roasted vegetables or faux meats is a great way to make a complete meal.
Recipe: Tallarines Verdes Recipe
Author: LHH Food
Average rating: 4.8 of 5.0 from 548 reviews
Tags: tallarines verdes, tallarines verdes recipe, tallarines verdes food, how to make tallarines verdes, tallarines verdes recipe video, easy method of making tallarines verdes, video on how to prepare tallarines verdes, how to prepare tallarines verdes, tallarines verdes instructions video, tallarines verdes recipe methods, tallarines verdes recipe tips, tallarines verdes recipe pictures, tallarines verdes food photos, tallarines verdes step by step instructions, tallarines verdes cooking methods, tallarines verdes methods, tallarines verdes cooking directions
About: Tallarines Verdes recipe guide. Comforting spaghetti with basil, spinach and cheese sauce.
Tallarines Verdes Ingredients
- 12 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 5 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 2 ½ ounces queso fresco (or more for garnish)
- ¼ cup evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- ¼ cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 ½ teaspoons fresh lime juice
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
Tallarines Verdes recipe
- 1 tablespoon oil, heated in a small skillet over medium heat
- Cook for about 4 minutes, turning occasionally, until the onion is soft. Allow onion to cool slightly before transferring to a food processor.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat.
- Cook for another 30 seconds, or until the basil and spinach have wilted. With a slotted spoon, transfer the spinach and basil to a fine wire-mesh strainer and set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Combine spinach, basil, queso fresco, milk, walnuts, garlic, lime juice, salt, pepper, and the remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a food processor.
- For 1 minute, or until smooth, process the ingredients in a food processor.
- In salted water, cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- Drain 1/2 cup of the cooking water and set it aside.
- 2 tablespoons at a time, toss spaghetti with spinach mixture, adding cooking water as needed until desired consistency is reached. Serve with a garnish of basil and queso fresco.
These noodles are most commonly served with a roast beef steak, but they can also be served with chicken or eggs.
Tallarines Verdes Pictures
Learn how to make tallarines verdes. Comforting spaghetti with basil, spinach and cheese sauce. This is a video on how to prepare fantastic tallarines verdes.
Tallarines verdes is a classic Peruvian dish that has its origins in 19th century Spain, where tallarines are a popular pasta dish and verde means green. If you’re new to Tallarines verdes, you might find the tangy yet sweet combination of flavors surprising at first, but once you try it you’ll want to make this dish over and over again! Above here’s how to make Tallarines verdes if you want to get into the Peruvian spirit tonight!