Mulitas are an easy Mexican snack that’s great when you’re craving something salty, or if you’re hungry but don’t want to eat too much. Checkout step by step recipe, cooking directions with complete list of ingredients.
Mulitas are one of the most popular Mexican dishes. However, if you’re not Mexican, you might be wondering what they are and how to make them yourself! Here’s everything you need to know about mulitas and how to make them yourself!
In Mexico, the humble tortilla has a special little brother called the mulita. And while they look almost exactly alike at first glance, they’re very different from one another in flavor and texture—but only if you make them properly! This article will tell you everything you need to know about mulitas and how to make them just right. So grab some masa harina and get ready to cook!
Mulitas: What are they?
Mulita, often known as “the taco sandwich” and “the quesadilla on steroids,” is a simple on-the-go street dish popular in Mexico and the United States. Basically, it’s two corn tortillas with meat (carnitas, carne asada, or chicharrón), salsa and/or guacamole, cheese, and onions sandwiched between them. Refried beans, lettuce, tomatoes, sautéed onions, and chili peppers are all possible additions.
Mulitas are two corn tortillas packed with meat and cheese and wrapped with salsa and mayonnaise. It’s a simple Mexican recipe with a long history.
Mulitas is a well-known dish in Mexico. In the state of Querétaro, they’re known as mulitas, and they’re made up of a corn tortilla filled with refried beans and cheese. The recipe is simple, and the end product is a delicious and substantial meal.
The dish’s name literally translates to “little mule,” alluding to how the meal is wrapped and delivered from a street vendor to the consumer. Each mulita should be topped with another tortilla and drizzled with lime juice.
Mulitas Recipe Facts
Recipe: Mulita Recipe
Author: LHH Food
Ingredients: Ingredients list here
Instructions: Click to go to process
Average rating: 4.8 of 5.0 from 448 reviews
Tags: mulitas food, mulitas recipe, mulita, how to make mulitas, recipe video, easy method of making mulitas, video on how to prepare mulitas, how to prepare mulitas, mulitas instructions video, mulitas recipe methods, mulitas recipe tips, mulitas recipe pictures, mulitas food photos, mulitas step by step making, mulitas cooking methods, mulitas methods, mulitas cooking directions
About: Mulitas recipe. Mulitas is a Mexican dish consisting of a corn tortilla with refried beans and cheese. Learn how to make your authentic Mexican food, mulitas.
Mulitas Ingredients List
Mulitas Steak ingredients
- 1 1/2 & flank steak (or skirt steak)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 10 to tortillas (corn or flour, 6-inch)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1-2 avocados mashed
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes. I use red and green
- 2 cups Monterey jack cheese shredded
- Flank steak or skirt steak works best for this recipe. If you use the central cuts such as rib-eye or sirloin steak, you can skip the marinade process.
- Cut the steak into thin slices perpendicular to the grain
- Marinating your steak before cooking will make it tender with much more flavorful.
How to make Mulitas step by step
- Against the grain, slice the steak into thin strips.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 1/3 cup olive oil, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, cumin, and minced garlic.
- Place the sliced steak in the marinade and turn to coat it completely. Wrap in plastic wrap and set aside for 30 minutes to an hour to marinate (If you marinate it longer, place it in the fridge).
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Remove the steak from the marinade (discard the liquid) and place it in the skillet once it is heated. Stir-fry for about 5 minutes, or until well done. (You can scrape out excess liquid if there is any throughout the cooking process.)
- Brush both sides of the tortillas with oil. Place one tortilla in the skillet, then equally sprinkle cheese on top, followed by a layer of carne asada and sliced onions. After that, top with extra cheese and a tortilla. Cook the bottom for about 1-2 minutes until golden brown, then carefully flip and cook until golden brown on the other side. Transfer the cooked mulita to a serving platter.
- Peel the top tortilla gently and top with mashed avocado, diced tomatoes, and cilantro. Using the remaining tortillas, cheese, and filling, repeat the process. Serve with your preferred toppings while still warm.
Mulitas food images
Video on How to make Mulitas
Watch the video know-how of Mulitas. Have a audio-visual clue and in depth explanations on how to make mulitas. Below is the video on how to prepare mulitas.
Learn how to make Mulitas. Mulitas recipe guide. Mulitas are two corn tortillas folded with salsa and mayonnaise and stuffed with meat and cheese.
Mulitas are a common street food in Mexico, and have been enjoyed by people all over the world who have visited the country.
They are basically a type of Mexican sandwich, that are popular in the Yucatan peninsula and throughout Mexico. This dish uses two corn tortillas, rather than the standard one, to enclose your fillings and make sure it doesn’t fall apart on you! It’s easy to make your own mulitas at home if you don’t live in an area where they’re sold, but it can be tricky to get them right without practice first. Above are some hints to help you create your own delicious mulitas at home!