Horatio Alger Scholarship Application: The biggest obstacles are frequently financial ones in a world full with hopes and desires. Due to financial limitations, pursuing one’s academic and professional goals can seem out of reach for countless young people in the United States.
The Horatio Alger Scholarship, a prestigious initiative devoted to expanding access to higher education, is here to alter that perception. The 2024 Horatio Alger Scholarship, its history, requirements for applicants, the application procedure, and the positive effects it has on its recipients’ lives will all be covered in this article.
The Horatio Alger Scholarship program, named after the famous American author who penned rags-to-riches stories, was founded with the mission of turning dreams into reality. Its origins lie in the belief that no financial hardship should hinder a young individual’s pursuit of higher education and a successful future. The scholarship stands as a symbol of hope and resilience for those who dare to dream big.
The Horatio Alger National Scholarship Program is one of the major scholarship programs in the country that primarily helps high school students who have faced and overcome significant hurdles in their young lives. It is one of the largest college financial aid programs in the country. The scholarships are supported by Horatio Alger Members who, like the Scholars, have overcome obstacles to become prosperous businesspeople and community leaders.
The Horatio Alger Scholarship application is a common application meaning that you apply once and you will be considered for the range of scholarship programs offered by the Association. In order to be considered, your application and all required materials must be uploaded to your online application by 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time
To qualify for Horatio Alger Scholarship, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: USA
- Be enrolled full time as a high school senior in the United States; be progressing normally toward graduation in spring/summer of 2020 with plans to enter a college in the United States no later than the fall following graduation.
- Exhibit a strong commitment to pursue and complete a bachelor’s degree at an accredited non-profit public or private institution in the United States (students may start their studies at a two-year institution and then transfer to a four-year institution).
- Demonstrate critical financial need ($55,000 or lower adjusted gross family income is required).
- Be involved in co-curricular and community service activities.
- Display integrity and perseverance in overcoming adversity
- Maintain a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0.
- Be a United States citizen
How to Apply
Click here https://scholars.horatioalger.org/ to apply.
2. Students can apply for the scholarship by submitting the form from the website https://scholars.horatioalger.org/about-our-scholarship-programs/national-scholarships/. An applicant must provide identifying information
Share this with at least three individuals you believe will find it useful.
Please leave your questions in the comment section below.