Gorditas de nata are one of the most popular desserts in Mexico, and they’re sometimes called Mexican cheesecakes or flan-like desserts. These delicious treats use nata, a type of cheese similar to Greek yogurt, as the main ingredient and are often filled with various fruits to give them both flavor and color. Sweet gorditas de nata are made using flour, milk cream, egg, and sugar.
What is Gorditas de nata?
Gorditas de Nata is a Mexican sweet dish that resembles an English muffin and has a gentle milky fragrance and a mildly sweet flavor. It’s a delectable confection in the shape of a little but thick pancake.
Gorditas de nata are prepared by putting queso fresco on top of raw corn tortillas, which are then put in a very hot frying pan until they become crispy on the outside, but soft and gooey on the inside, just like nachos!.
Gorditas de Nata have a similar appearance to a Mexican tortilla, but they are thicker.
Gorditas de Nata are a tasty dish made with a variety of ingredients including wheat flour, eggs, and sugar. They’re more commonly referred to as thick clotted cream pan-muffins (nata).
In Mexico, gorditas de nata are commonly offered as a breakfast meal or a snack. All that’s necessary is mixing the dough, letting it rest, and heating the biscuits on a griddle.
Gorditas are a traditional Mexican dish that dates back to pre-Hispanic times, but are still served hot from the comal (griddle) today. The dough is made with wheat flour, Mexican nata, sugar, yeast, and egg; they’re fried until the insides are properly cooked and the outsides are crispy and golden.
It’s made from raw milk and clotted cream – a film that forms on top of raw milk when boiled. Other types of cream can be substituted for Mexican nata, such as mascarpone or whipping cream.
Serve your nataa gorditas straight off the comal or griddle. You can eat them plain or with sweet, juicy, and creamy fillings.
Gorditas de nata Recipe
Recipe: Gorditas de nata Recipe
Author: LHH Food
Ingredients: Ingredients list here
Instructions: Click to go to process
Average rating: 4.9 of 5.0 from 316 reviews
Tags: gorditas de nata, gorditas de nata recipe, gorditas de nata food, how to make gorditas de nata, gorditas de nata recipe video, easy method of making gorditas de nata, video on how to prepare gorditas de nata, how to prepare gorditas de nata, gorditas de nata instructions video, gorditas de nata recipe methods, gorditas de nata recipe tips, gorditas de nata recipe pictures, gorditas de nata food photos, gorditas de nata step by step instructions, gorditas de nata cooking methods, gorditas de nata methods, gorditas de nata cooking directions
About: Gorditas de nata recipe guide. How to make gorditas de nata. Learn how to make your authentic food, gorditas de nata.
The most difficult part of making gorditas de nata, or cream puff tacos, is deciding how to make them, since there are so many different ways to make them delicious!
There’s no right or wrong way to do it, either; this means that if you have special dietary needs, like veganism or gluten-free diets, there are still plenty of variations you can try out! Here are all the ways to make gorditas de nata and enjoy them as much as possible.
Gorditas de nata Ingredients List
- 2 cups or 7 oz nata or clotted cream
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup – 6 oz sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 500 gr 17.6 oz flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
Gorditas de nata recipe step by step
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the natas until they fluff up a little. In a large mixing bowl, thoroughly combine the eggs and vanilla extract. When everything is well combined, add the sugar.
- In a medium mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Gradually incorporate the dry ingredients into the mixture. Mix with a spoon until it’s difficult to continue; then incorporate the ingredients with your hands until the dough is soft and smooth.
- Refrigerate the dough in a plastic bag for at least 30 minutes, preferably overnight.
- Flour should be applied to a smooth surface. Remove the dough from the refrigerator and roll it out on a floured surface. Knead the dough until it is 1 centimeter thick. Using a round cookie cutter, cut the dough into 7 cm rounds.
- Place the dough in a nonstick pan over low (very low) heat and give it a first flip while it is still raw; this will aid in its rising. After they’ve fully swollen, turn them over once again. (In total, you’ll have to flip them twice.)
Gorditas de nata food images
Video on How to make Gorditas de nata
Learn how to make gorditas de nata. How to make gorditas de nata. This is a video on how to prepare fantastic gorditas de nata.
How to make Gorditas de nata, endnote
Filled with carne asada and topped with crema and queso fresco, these crispy, delicious gorditas are a staple at Mexican food joints all over America. They’re an excellent introduction to Mexican cuisine for novices, but they can also be a source of pride for any home cook who wants to prepare them in their own kitchen. This is your chance!
A gordita is a Mexican dish that consists of a thick tortilla stuffed with cheese, pork rinds, or other ingredients. Although it looks like a large taco, its texture and taste are very different. We love Mexican food for its delicious flavor combinations and take on classic dishes. Try some of these recipes to create great versions of a popular Mexican treat!