How to make Godzilla roll? It’s easy! Here you will find step-by-step instructions on how to make Godzilla roll that even the most amateur of sushi chefs can manage, along with a list of necessary ingredients and tips on what else you need to know about making your own sushi at home. Read on to get started!
Making sushi may seem like an art form, but anyone can do it – even you! If you’re looking to try making your own sushi at home, this guide will show you how to make Godzilla roll, the ultimate sushi recipe that’s sure to impress any hungry guest that walks through your door.
What is Godzilla roll?
Godzilla Roll, also known as Shrimp Tempura Roll, is a form of maki sushi produced by rolling shrimp tempura and other toppings in nori seaweed sheets and seasoned rice.
The Godzilla Rolls are made of seasoned rice, nori seaweed sheets, and ingredients like crispy shrimp tempura, avocado, and cucumber. Then, to add a bit more flavor, sprinkle it with soy sauce or hot mayo.
A light batter comprised of flour, water, and eggs is typically used to tempura-fry fish or vegetables. Shrimp tempura, the main component, gives the roll a great flavor and crispy texture. Crab sticks, cucumber (or avocado), cream cheese, and shrimp tempura are folded into a roll and deep-fried till golden.
You may batter your own if you want to be fancy, but that would be too much work for me. Simply using cooked shrimp would be acceptable if you don't like battered shrimp. Follow your preferences. In these rolls, the sour cream cheese and rich avocado are also delicious.
What is a Godzilla roll made of?
Shrimp-filled rolls are known as shrimp tempura rolls. This salty and crispy godzilla sushi roll is made with fried and battered shrimp, sushi rice, nori, cucumber, and avocado. A little tobiko and unagi sushi sauce give each piece a little spice while the garnish provides each piece a little tang.
Is Godzilla roll cooked or raw?
There is no raw fish in it. After being fully cooked, the shrimp are rolled up with additional vegetables. There is no need to worry about the shrimp because these Godzilla rolls are fully cooked.
What is a deep fried sushi roll called?
Deep fried sushi rolls are called tempura rolls.
Recipe: Godzilla Roll Recipe
Author: LHH Food
Ingredients: Ingredients list here
Instructions: Click to go to process
Average rating: 4.8 of 5.0 from 118 reviews
Tags: godzilla roll, godzilla roll recipe, godzilla roll sushi, how to make godzilla roll, godzilla roll recipe video, easy method of making godzilla roll, video on how to prepare godzilla roll, how to prepare godzilla roll, godzilla roll instructions video, godzilla roll recipe methods, godzilla roll recipe tips, godzilla roll recipe pictures, godzilla roll food photos, godzilla roll step by step instructions, godzilla roll cooking methods, godzilla roll methods, godzilla roll cooking directions
About: Godzilla Roll easy recipe from LHH Food. Learn how to make your godzilla roll from home.
Godzilla Roll Ingredients
- Sushi Rice
- 1 sheet Nori, dry roasted seaweed
- 3 pieces shrimp tempura prepared, I bought mine frozen from the store and baked them
- 2 slices avocado
- 3 teaspoons cream cheese (use the block cream cheese and cut into a couple long, rectangular slices)
- ½ cup flour
- tempura batter
- oil for frying
- Mayo sauce
- 3 cups sushi rice It should say “sushi rice” right on the bag. Calrose rice works ok if you can’t find sushi rice.
- 3 cups water
- 1/4 cups Japanese rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- 1 dash sesame oil
How to make Godzilla Roll step by stepFor sushi rice (skip if you have your sushi rice ready):
- Put the rice in a mixing basin and add cool water to cover. Pour out the water after swirling the rice in it once or twice more, or until the water is clear. Repeat the rinsing process. After rinsing, allow the rice to drain for an hour in a colander or strainer.
- Put the rice in the rice cooker with the 3 cups of water after it has been drained, cover it, and turn the rice cooker on.
- If you don't have a rice cooker, combine the rice and water in a large saucepan. Heat the mixture to just below a boil, then lower the heat to a simmer. Cover the pan and cook the mixture for 15 minutes. After the rice has finished cooking, leave it covered for 15 more minutes.
- Prepare the vinegar mixture while the rice is cooking. Rice vinegar, sugar, and salt should all be combined in a small pan over medium heat. Just heat mixture until sugar is dissolved (do not let it boil). Turn off the heat and let the room to cool.
- Spread the cooked rice out evenly over a cookie sheet once it has finished cooking. Spread the vinegar mixture evenly over the rice after it has cooled. To ensure that the rice cools uniformly, gently flip it over from time to time with a wooden spatula or rice paddle.
- Every time you flip the rice, fan it to hasten the process. Rice for sushi rolls is ready after it has cooled to room temperature.
- To deep fry sushi rolls, preheat a big skillet with oil to 350 F/ 175 C.
- On a cutting board, place the bamboo sushi rolling mat with the bamboo strips running horizontally from you. The bamboo should be wrapped with plastic. On top of the mat, place a sheet of dried seaweed with the glossy side down. On top of the seaweed, spread the sushi rice and firmly push it down.
- Place the seaweed on top of the sushi layer by flipping it over. Spread cream cheese, avocado, and tempura shrimp lengthwise on the seaweed. The sushi is formed into a cylinder by tightly rolling the bamboo mat forward. Remove the rolled sushi by pressing the bamboo mat hard with your palms.
- Before dipping the entire rice roll in tempura batter and deep frying it for about 3 minutes, roll it in flour first. When the batter is crispy and golden brown on all sides, the roll is done. Remove from oil, then set aside to cool.
- Slice the sushi roll into four to five pieces using a very sharp knife. Add spicy mayo on top.
- Combine mayo, sriracha, and sesame oil in a small bowl.
- Stir everything together thoroughly. Keep chilled until you're ready to use.
Recipe Video: How to make Godzilla Roll
Learn how to make godzilla roll. This is a video on how to prepare your godzilla roll.
Tips to making Godzilla roll
- Before handling rice, you can dip your hands in Tezu water to prevent them from clinging to it. With 1/4 cup water and 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar, you can make this liquid for hand dipping.
- You should gently yet firmly squeeze the roll as you roll it to keep sushi rolls from breaking apart. After you're done, you can gently squeeze the sushi roll once more while putting the bamboo mat over it.
- It is recommended to purchase packaged, pre-cooked tempura shrimp. Local supermarkets have these in the frozen area just to reduce stress and time.
- Avoid using overripe avocado because when squeezed, it becomes excessively mushy. Look for avocados that yield to firm, mild pressure and have brown skin.
- Additionally, if using an American cucumber, be sure to remove the seeds because they are very watery.
- For the best sushi rice, use Japanese short-grain rice of the highest caliber. Sushi rice should be printed directly on the bag. If sushi rice is unavailable, calrose rice will work.
- If you don't have sushi vinegar, you can season the rice by combining rice vinegar, sugar, and salt.
- Seaweed sheets with a slightly green tint should be black in color. Without any holes, they should all be the same thickness. When folded in half, the fresh ones are snappy and simple to break.
- Sushi Rolling Bamboo Mat is also required for simple rolling.
- Instead of using our spicy mayo as the topping, you can use soy sauce and masago. There are modifications that you can apply to the recipe.
Godzilla Roll pictures
Godzilla roll, endnote
If you’re looking to make the perfect Godzilla roll, then this guide will show you everything you need to know, from preparing the rice and picking out sushi-grade fish to buying the right sushi-making tools and accessories. It’s easy to get overwhelmed with all of the details in making sushi at home, but if you follow this step-by-step guide on how to make Godzilla roll, you’ll be well on your way towards enjoying delicious sushi at home whenever you want!