You’ve probably never heard of tostadas de tinga, but this tasty Mexican dish is well worth your time and attention. Tostadas de tinga combines crispy corn tortillas, seasoned pork, and thick black beans in one mouthwatering package that you won’t be able to stop eating once you start! Read on to learn how to make this tasty dish at home with this simple Tostadas de Tinga recipe and video guide.
Tostadas de Tinga is an easy Mexican dish that’s made with fried tortillas and shredded chicken breast, then topped with sour cream, avocado slices, and pickled jalapeños. Serve it as a tasty lunch or dinner, or prepare it as an appetizer to accompany some margaritas at your next fiesta.
What is Tostadas de Tinga?
Tostadas de Tinga are simply fried tostada topped with shredded chicken and a spicy sauce made with tomatoes, chipotles, and spices. It's a well-liked dish that can be served as an appetizer or a main course. This lightly spiced meat casserole has a lovely crispy fried tortilla as a base.
Tostadas de tinga are a Mesoamerican dish popular throughout Mexico and Central America. This dish is commonly served in the south of the country and is a household favorite. Tostadas de tinga can be found in a variety of street stalls and family restaurants. It's a budget-friendly, filling, and tasty dish that goes well with hot sauce and lime.
The tostadas in question are made with corn tortilla flour. They're delicious, especially with guacamole, lettuce, tomatoes, white onion, and sour cream on top. Tacos, tostadas, and nachos can all be made with them.
Recipe: Tostadas de Tinga Recipe
Author: LHH Food
Average rating: 4.9 of 5.0 from 42 reviews
Tags: tostadas de tinga, tostadas de tinga recipe, tostadas de tinga food, how to make tostadas de tinga, recipe video, easy method of making tostadas de tinga, video on how to prepare tostadas de tinga, how to prepare tostadas de tinga, tostadas de tinga instructions video, tostadas de tinga recipe methods, tostadas de tinga recipe tips, tostadas de tinga recipe pictures, tostadas de tinga food photos, tostadas de tinga step by step making, tostadas de tinga cooking methods, tostadas de tinga methods, tostadas de tinga cooking directions
About: Tostadas de Tinga recipe guide. Tinga Tostadas is a spicy and savory shredded chicken that pairs well with shredded lettuce, pickled onions, cotija cheese, and avocado on tostadas. Learn how to make your tostadas de tinga.
Tostadas de Tinga Ingredients
- 10 Corn Tortillas (fried or baked)
- 1 large onion sliced
- 2 chicken breasts cooked and shredded
- 5 fresh tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Chipotle in adobo sauce the amount desired
- 1 tbsp of chicken bouillon
- Lettuce, chopped
- Table cream
- Shredded mozzarella or other cheese
- Cook and shred your chicken, then set aside.
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Tostadas de Tinga Recipe
- Remove the stems from the tomatoes and tomatillos and rinse them. Place all of the ingredients on the same baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink inside (160F).
- Cook the onions until they are translucent over medium heat.
- After adding the shredded chicken, cook for a few minutes.
- Combine the garlic, tomatoes, chicken bouillon, and chipotle in a blender and add to the meat mixture.
- Cook for another 20 minutes, or until almost all of the liquid has evaporated.
- Warm the tostadas in the oven for 2-3 minutes.
- On a fried or baked tostada, top the chicken mixture with lettuce, cream, and cheese.
- A thin layer of refried beans and a layer of chicken mixture can also be added to each tostada. Other garnishes include Queso Fresco (or Cotija) cheese, Mexican Crema, fresh cilantro, and a squeeze of lime.
Tostadas de Tinga food images
Learn how to make tostadas de tinga. Tinga Tostadas is a spicy and savory shredded chicken that pairs well with shredded lettuce, pickled onions, cotija cheese, and avocado on tostadas. This is a video on how to prepare fantastic tostadas de tinga.
If you’re looking for an authentic Mexican dish that’s easy to make, look no further than tostadas de tinga! Tostadas de tinga as it is called in other parts of Mexico, are Mexican food at its best, with nothing but basic ingredients and simple preparation methods resulting in flavorful and tender chicken with just the right amount of spicy heat.
Traditional Mexican dishes are full of flavor, but there’s always room to get creative and change things up. Tostadas de Tinga is one of those dishes that started out as traditional, but evolved over time into something else entirely. If you’re craving authentic Mexican cuisine, but want to switch things up a bit, here’s how to make your own Tostadas de Tinga at home!