Get ready to be wowed by Relleno de Papa recipe! In just one hour, you can make this delicious and easy-to-make potato stuffing dish which will be the perfect addition to your next lunch or dinner party!
How to make Relleno de Papa Recipe? Follow this step-by-step Relleno de Papa recipe that teaches you how to make Relleno de Papa, or use the ingredients list and cooking techniques below and combine them to create this delicious dish on your own! You can view more recipes at the bottom of this page too!
What is Relleno de Papa?
Relleno de Papa, also known as Pappas rellenas, is a national dish of many countries that consists of a beef or pork chop, a boiled egg, and a massive baked potato stuffed with seasoned rice and baked under a pastry crust. A delectable meal that you simply must try.
In Latin American countries such as Ecuador, Bolivia, Peru, Chile, Colombia, and the Caribbean, papas rellenas are the most popular type of croquette. The first recorded Latin American recipes were printed in the late nineteenth century, at a time when French cuisine was influencing Latin American cuisine.
Papa means potato in Spanish, and relleno means stuffed. It is made up of a large potato stuffed with mashed tuna, cod, hake, or other fish.
The stuffing or filling consists of mashed fish, onion, carrots, lemon zest, liver, bread, eggs, and spices. Most of the time, the potatoes are then fried. Relleno de Papa is a popular dish with a variety of flavors. The dish is even more delicious for those who are aware of the various flavors of the sauce. It is inexpensive and can be served at parties such as birthdays.
Recipe: Relleno de Papa Recipe
Cuisine: Latin American
Author: LHH Food
Average rating: 4.8 of 5.0 from 144 reviews
Tags: relleno de papa, relleno de papa recipe, relleno de papa food, how to make relleno de papa, recipe video, easy method of making relleno de papa, video on how to prepare relleno de papa, how to prepare relleno de papa, relleno de papa instructions video, relleno de papa recipe methods, relleno de papa recipe tips, relleno de papa recipe pictures, relleno de papa food photos, relleno de papa step by step making, relleno de papa cooking methods, relleno de papa methods, relleno de papa cooking directions
About: Relleno de Papa recipe guide. Papa rellena are made with mashed potato stuffed with carne molida (ground beef). They are crispy on the outside and soft and full of flavor on the inside.
Relleno de Papa Ingredients
- 2 pounds potatoes
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, plus extra for dusting
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 recipe Puerto Rican Picadillo
- Oil for frying
- Mayoketchup or mojo de ajo
Relleno de Papa Recipe
- Peel the potatoes and cut into uniform pieces.
- Set aside a saucepan half-filled with water. In the water, add a pinch of salt (2 tablespoons) and cook for about 25 minutes, or until the meat is thoroughly cooked and easily pierced with a fork.
- After the potatoes have been thoroughly drained, return them to the pot. Any remaining water should be allowed to evaporate. 1 tablespoon cornstarch, salt, egg, and butter mashed together
- Using cornstarch, coat your hands and flatten about 1/2 cup of mashed potatoes into a disk in your palm.
- Place a heaping tablespoon of picadillo in the center of the disk and fold the potato edges up and around it. Roll up the edges and seal them.
- Repeat with the remaining potato, making sure to coat your hands in cornstarch each time.
- Deep fry the balls for about 5 minutes in hot oil (around 350°F), turning as needed, until golden brown all over. If desired, serve with mayoketchup or mojo de ajo for dipping.
Relleno de Papa pictures
Recipe Video on How to make Relleno de Papa
Learn how to make relleno de papa. Papa rellena are made with mashed potato stuffed with carne molida (ground beef). They are crispy on the outside and soft and full of flavor on the inside. This is a video on how to prepare fantastic relleno de papa.
Relleno de Papa, also known as Relleno Poblano, is a traditional dish of Mexico that has been around since the early 1500s and remains popular today, especially in the central and southern regions of the country, such as Jalisco and Oaxaca. The Relleno de Papa recipe combines sweet potato with other classic ingredients to make one of the most famous Mexican recipes from the region of Puebla and its surroundings. This dish can be served with rice or as part of an authentic Mexican dinner menu.