If you’re craving some home-cooked food, Pollo al Horno (or rotisserie chicken) could be the perfect dish to make tonight! Here are all the ingredients and instructions you need to make this recipe at home tonight!
After tasting Pollo al Horno at your favorite Mexican restaurant, you’re eager to make it at home—but unsure how to go about it. You need your Pollo al Horno recipe! With this guide, you’ll learn exactly what ingredients are needed to make Pollo al Horno and how to prepare each one in the right way so that you can make the perfect dish. This Pollo al Horno recipe will be a great addition to your growing culinary repertoire!
What is Pollo al Horno?
Simply put, pollo al horno is roasted or baked chicken. It is chicken that has been roasted for human consumption in a home kitchen, over an open fire, or on a rotisserie (rotary spit). Because chicken is traditionally roasted with its own fat and juices by circulating the meat during roasting, it is frequently cooked exposed to fire or heat using some type of rotary grill or oven to ensure the most efficient circulation of these fats and juices. Pollo al horno is a dish found in many different cuisines around the world.
Learning how to make roast chicken is essential for any chef, as it serves as the foundation for all other roast meat dishes. Roast chicken is hard to go wrong with, and everyone loves it when you make it for them.
In the majority of its preparations, baked chicken or pollo al horno is made quickly and easily. You can thus surprise your guests while also enjoying a meal as a family with a simple dish. This dish has many variations in Mexico, but we'll try to keep it as authentic as possible. We'll serve it with some vegetables and fruits, which are the ideal accompaniment to this juicy chicken because they balance out the flavour of the spices. Ready? Let's get this party started.
Recipe: Pollo al Horno Recipe
Author: LHH Food
Average rating: 4.8 of 5.0 from 38 reviews
Tags: roast chicken, baked chicken, pollo al horno, pollo al horno recipe, pollo al horno food, how to make pollo al horno, recipe video, easy method of making pollo al horno, video on how to prepare pollo al horno, how to prepare pollo al horno, pollo al horno instructions video, pollo al horno recipe methods, pollo al horno recipe tips, pollo al horno recipe pictures, pollo al horno food photos, pollo al horno step by step making, pollo al horno cooking methods, pollo al horno methods, pollo al horno cooking directions
About: Pollo al Horno recipe guide. Roast chicken is chicken prepared as food by roasting whether in a home kitchen, over a fire, oven or with a rotisserie. Learn how to make your pollo al horno.
Pollo al Horno Ingredients
- 1 whole chicken
- 1/2 cup of salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 Sugar cup
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons of honey or butter
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme
- 4 garlic cloves, whole
Pollo al Horno Recipe
- Wash and thoroughly dry the chicken. Remove the interiors of the containers.
- Dissolve 1/2 cup salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, and 1/2 cup sugar in 2 or 3 liters of water in a large mixing bowl. Cover the chicken with this liquid.
- Refrigerate for two hours before serving.
- Drain the liquid from the chicken and pat it dry. Arrange it in a pan or baking dish lined with aluminum foil so that you can clean it easily later.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Tie the chicken legs together with kitchen string so they don't lose their shape.
- Brush the lemon juice, honey, mustard, soy sauce, and olive oil mixture all over the chicken skin. Put the squeezed lemon and a few sprigs of thyme, oregano, or any other fresh herb you have in the chicken's abdominal cavity. Cover the chicken with the whole garlic cloves.
- When the oven is hot, place the chicken inside and bake for 1 hour, drizzling with the cooking juice every 15 minutes.
- Remove it from the oven and cut a slit in the thigh to check for clear liquid. If this is the case, the chicken is done; otherwise, bake for another 20 minutes.
- Allow it to rest for about 15 minutes after taking it out of the oven to keep the meat juicy.
- Yes, now cut it up and serve it with the cooking liquid.
- Serve a salad of lettuce and radishes as a garnish. I also roasted cauliflower in the oven for 20 minutes with garlic and olive oil.
Pollo al Horno Pictures
Learn how to make pollo al horno. Roast chicken is chicken prepared as food by roasting whether in a home kitchen, over a fire, oven or with a rotisserie. This is a video on how to prepare pollo al horno.
What is Pollo al Horno and how to make it? Pollo al Horno translates to Chicken in the Oven in English, and this dish was originally brought to Mexico by Spanish colonists who settled in what was known as New Spain. It became an overnight success due to its ease of preparation and relatively cheap ingredients, meaning most people could afford to serve it on special occasions like birthdays or holidays.