You’ve probably been to plenty of Mexican restaurants and tried your fair share of tacos, enchiladas, and fajitas, but have you ever tried flautas de pollo? If not, then it’s time to stop what you’re doing, get out of the house and get yourself some of these delicious chicken flautas. Flautas are generally rolled up tortillas filled with chicken or pork—generally served with guacamole, sour cream, salsa, etc.—and they are absolutely amazing!
What is Flautas de Pollo?
Flautas is Spanish for "flutes," a clear reference to the flautas' long tube shape. Flautas are made from flour tortillas that have been filled, rolled up, and fried until extra-crispy with a savory, spiced filling.
Flautas de pollo literally translates to "Chicken flutes!" Flautas de pollo, on the other hand, are filled flour tortillas with simple shredded chicken and fried until golden brown, then garnished with fresh toppings.
Sinaloa, a state in northern Mexico near the United States, is where Flautas de Pollo originated. It is made up of a corn tortilla or tacos that are filled with various ingredients such as shredded chicken, ground beef, or mashed potatoes. They are then rolled up and fried until golden brown.
We'll primarily be learning the chicken filling, but this method can also be applied to other fillings such as beef and potatoes.
This Spanish-inspired dish of rolled chicken inside crispy tortillas is considered finger food and can be eaten with your hands — no knife and fork required — making it an excellent choice for party food! They're frequently accompanied by a medley of shredded lettuce, pico de gallo, sour cream, and/or guacamole.
These are corn tortillas that have been elongated into a flute shape. If possible, fill them with chicken meat mixed with cream and cheese to give them an even more delicious flavor. This dish is quick and simple to prepare, and it pairs well with fresh corn chips.
Recipe: Flautas de Pollo Recipe
Author: LHH Food
Average rating: 4.8 of 5.0 from 497 reviews
Tags: flautas de pollo, flautas de pollo recipe, flautas de pollo food, how to make flautas de pollo, recipe video, easy method of making flautas de pollo, video on how to prepare flautas de pollo, how to prepare flautas de pollo, flautas de pollo instructions video, flautas de pollo recipe methods, flautas de pollo recipe tips, flautas de pollo recipe pictures, flautas de pollo food photos, flautas de pollo step by step making, flautas de pollo cooking methods, flautas de pollo methods, flautas de pollo cooking directions
About: Flautas de Pollo recipe guide. Flautas de Pollo are tightly rolled tacos with a cheesy chicken filling, wrapped in a crispy, golden flour tortilla. Learn how to make your flautas de pollo.
Flautas de Pollo Ingredients
- 12 corn tortillas
- Enough Canola Oil For Frying. (One that will cover the dough well)
- 1 large Avocado
- 1 Cup chopped lettuce (for serving)
- 1/3 cup Real California milk
- 5 oz. Real California Queso Fresco
- 1 Cup shredded cheese
- 1/2 Cup table cream
- 1 Cup salsa verde or roja
- 1 Cup pico de gallo
- 2 tomatoes diced
- 1/2 large onion dice
- 1/2 bunch chopped cilantro
- 4 chopped jalapenos optional
- 1 lime
- Salt (to taste)
- 1 Ibs Chicken part (breast or thighs) cooked and shredded
- 1/2 a large onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
Flautas de Pollo Recipe
- In a big pot, combine the chicken, onion, garlic, bay leaf, and salt.
- Cook the chicken for 20 to 30 minutes, or until it reaches desired doneness, after adding enough water to completely cover it.
- Place in a bowl and allow it cool completely.
- Discard the chicken meat after shredding it.
- Use the warm option or preheat the oven to 200°F. Use paper towels to line the baking sheet.
- To make four tortillas flexible and soft, wrap them in a paper towel and microwave for just 20 seconds (tortillas Should be warmed in batches)
- To make a flauta, spread about 1 tablespoon of chicken shreds on one end of the tortilla, roll it tightly, and fasten it with a toothpick.
- Continue by using the remaining tortillas and chicken.
- A hefty pot should have 2 inches or more of oil in it.
- over a medium-high flame
- Several flautas should be carefully dropped into the heated oil (use tongs)
- Fry until crisp and golden (about 4 minutes).
- To ensure even cooking, flip them once or twice while cooking.
- While you complete the remaining flautas, transfer the flautas to the prepared baking sheet and keep them warm in the oven.
- When the flauta is finished, prepare the avocado sauce. Remove the peel, pit, and half the avocado before putting it in a blender.
- Milk, cilantro, salt, and pepper should be added.
- Mix until uniform.
- It should have a very creamy texture.
- With your hands or the use of a fork, crumble the queso fresco and set it aside.
- Create a bed of lettuce on a large dish to serve the flautas on top of.
- Pour on the Mexican Crema, crumbled Queso Fresco, diced tomatoes, and avocado sauce.
Flautas de Pollo Pictures
Learn how to make flautas de pollo. Flautas de Pollo are tightly rolled tacos with a cheesy chicken filling, wrapped in a crispy, golden flour tortilla. This is a video on how to prepare fantastic flautas de pollo.
Spicy, crunchy and oh-so delicious, flautas de pollo are tasty Mexican food that you can’t stop eating! Preparing them at home may seem hard at first but it’s really easy and fun when you know how to make it and have the right recipe with step-by-step instructions like this one. Follow along to learn how to make flautas de pollo recipe and treat your family to a delicious meal tonight!