What is trenette al pesto? - Trenette al pesto is a classic Ligurian dish (from the region in northwest Italy) that’s made with trenette pasta and pesto sauce. It’s one of the most popular pasta dishes in Liguria and quite possibly the most well-known Italian pasta recipe throughout the world!
How to make trenette al pesto, also known as trenette al pesto alla Genovese, is a pasta dish popular in Liguria, Italy. Trenette al pesto consists of thick Ligurian noodles and an olive oil-based sauce made from basil and pine nuts and flavored with garlic, salt, and white wine vinegar or red wine vinegar. Follow us below to get the full recipe and guide.
What is Trenette al Pesto?
In Disney-Luca, Pixar's Trenette Al Pesto is a classic Ligurian pasta meal. Trenette pasta is boiled with soft potatoes and sliced green beans before being lightly seasoned with Genovese basil pesto.
Basil is a popular ingredient in the Ligurian area of Italy. It's the foundation of pesto, along with extra-virgin olive oil, pine nuts, Grana Padano, and Pecorino. The delicious sauce shines when combined with trenette, potatoes, and green beans.
Trenette is a narrow, flat pasta popular in Liguria, where pesto originated, but linguine is a good substitute if you can't locate it. This is commonly made with potatoes and green beans in Genoa, the capital of Liguria, as seen in the Disney/Pixar film Luca.
The most basic variation of this Ligurian pasta meal is trenette noodles (or bavette, as an option) with pesto Genovese basil sauce, another Ligurian delicacy from Genova. However, most traditional recipes incorporate boiling chopped potatoes and green beans, with a creamy richness provided by a combination of pecorino and parmesan cheese in the pasta sauce.
Trenette or bavette al pesto are frequently served in Liguria with toasted pine nuts and additional grated parmesan.
Trenette al Pesto Recipe Facts
Recipe: Trenette al Pesto Recipe
Author: LHH Food
Ingredients: Ingredients list here
Instructions: Click to go to process
Average rating: 4.8 of 5.0 from 464 reviews
Tags: trenette al pesto, trenette al pesto recipe, trenette al pesto food, how to make trenette al pesto, trenette al pesto recipe video, easy method of making trenette al pesto, video on how to prepare trenette al pesto, how to prepare trenette al pesto, trenette al pesto instructions video, trenette al pesto recipe methods, trenette al pesto recipe tips, trenette al pesto recipe pictures, trenette al pesto food photos, trenette al pesto step by step instructions, trenette al pesto cooking methods, trenette al pesto methods, trenette al pesto cooking directions
About: Trenette al Pesto easy recipe from LHH Food. Learn how to make your trenette al pesto from home.
Trenette al Pesto Ingredients
- 1.2 lb trenette pasta, or linguine
- ¼ lb fresh green beans, (4 oz), or haricot verts or french beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 yellow potato, large, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tsp coarse salt, for water For Pesto Alla Genovese:
- 2 oz basil leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- 2 tbsp parmigiano, grated
- 2 tbsp pecorino, grated
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
How to make Trenette al Pesto step by step
- In a food processor or mortal and pestle, combine all of the pesto ingredients and pulse until well combined.
- To make it smooth but not emulsified, blend it for around 30 seconds. The trick to a delicious pesto is to avoid cooking the basil.
- Boil the pasta water after that. When the water is boiling, season with coarse salt.
- Green beans should be blanched for one minute before being placed in a dish of ice water.
- Cook the potatoes for 10 to 15 minutes, or until fork-tender, in boiling water.
- Toss in the pasta and cook until al dente—not too soft—before draining. Keep a little pasta water aside for the sauce.
- Place the pesto in the bottom of the serving bowl, then add a couple spoonfuls of the pasta water for the pesto, followed by the pasta.
- Combine everything and serve!
Trenette al Pesto dish pictures
Video on How to make Trenette al Pesto
Learn how to make trenette al pesto. This is a video on how to prepare your trenette al pesto.
Trenette al pesto (pronounced tren-et-ah all peh-stoh) is a popular pasta dish from Liguria. Trenette, which means pasta strips in Italian, are flat and long strips of pasta that look like skinny twists of fettuccine pasta, but made from durum wheat semolina flour instead of egg and water dough like fettuccine noodles are made from.