Consome de pollo (consomé de pollo) is a traditional soup made with chicken and vegetables that are simmered in broth until the chicken is cooked and the broth has thickened into a flavorful soup. The dish has the added kick of spice from chili powder, cumin, and some kind of pepper, whether it’s jalapeño or serrano chili peppers. In this recipe, you’ll learn how to make Consome de pollo at home with simple ingredients and even simpler instructions!
If you’re looking to learn how to make Consome de pollo, you’ve come to the right place! This traditional chicken soup recipe is perfect when you’re in the mood for some delicious home-cooked food with just the right amount of spice and flavor. Read on to learn what is it and how to make Consome de pollo like an expert.
Recipe: Consome de pollo Recipe
Author: LHH Food
Ingredients: Ingredients list here
Instructions: Click to go to process
Average rating: 4.7 of 5.0 from 85 reviews
Tags: consome de pollo, consome de pollo recipe, chicken soup, Colombian consome de pollo, how to make consome de pollo, recipe video, easy method of making consome de pollo, video on how to prepare consome de pollo, how to prepare consome de pollo, consome de pollo instructions video, consome de pollo recipe methods, consome de pollo recipe tips, consome de pollo recipe pictures, consome de pollo food photos, consome de pollo step by step making, consome de pollo cooking methods, consome de pollo methods, consome de pollo cooking directions
About: Consome de pollo is made with chicken, vegetables and spices. Learn how to make consome de pollo.
- 5 pounds of chicken parts meat, chicken bones (kosher butchers sell them), wings, and necks, gizzard, drumsticks
- 24 cups of water
- 4 large carrots peeled and cut into pieces
- 2 medium onion peeled and cut into pieces
- 2 garlic clove crushed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 0.5 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 0.5 cup cilantro
- 2 celery stick
- 3 units of sweet peppers
- Lime to serve
- vegetable oil
How to make Consome de pollo step by step
- Soak the chicken parts in a large container filled with cold water for a few minutes to wash and remove the blood and dirt.
- Remove the chicken portions from the cold water and discard it.
- Fry the diced onions and crushed garlic in the oil for about five minutes in a large pot.
- Add the garlic porridge, carrots, celery, chives, crushed peppers, and salt after that.
- Cook for a further 5 minutes.
- In a pot, combine the chicken and pepper; add boiling water and cook in the same pot. Bring the water to a boil, scraping away any froth that rises to the top.
- Reduce the heat to low and mix in the remaining ingredients. Cook for about 2 hours, covered, or experiment to see what works best.
- Remove and set aside the chicken bits you want to consume from the pan.
- Strain the soup through a fine sieve, then return the chicken parts to the liquid to eat.
- Serve the soup hot with lime juice in tiny cups. It's also delicious with toasted bread and a garnish of parsley or coriander leaves. A great option is to serve with avocado, serrano peppers, and a splash of lemon juice.
After an hour and a half in the soup, the chicken will lose all of its flavor and become insipid. When the chicken is cold enough to handle, I remove it after 35-40 minutes and pull the meat off the bones.
If you want poached but not overcooked meat, remove the chicken from the liquid after 40 minutes. When the white meat is cool enough to handle, remove it from the bones and skin, then return the bones, skin, and remaining meat to the broth to finish cooking.
For a better-tasting soup and chicken meat, start with chicken bones (kosher butchers sell them), wings, and necks. Remove the bones and poach a chicken in the liquid after two hours of cooking.
Consome de pollo dish pictures
Video on How to make Consome de pollo
Watch the video know-how of Consome de pollo. Have a audio-visual clue and in depth explanations on how to make consome de pollo. Below is the video on how to prepare consome de pollo.
Learn how to make consome de pollo. Chicken soup, loaded with nutrition and high on taste. This is a video on how to prepare fantastic consome de pollo.
Consome de pollo, or chicken soup, is one of the most popular soups in Mexican cuisine. Consome de pollo is made with shredded chicken in a broth that’s so flavorful and tasty, you can drink it straight up! It’s usually served with cilantro and lime on top and tortilla strips on the side.
Consome de pollo, sometimes called consomé de pollo, is a hearty Mexican soup made with chicken, veggies, and an abundance of spices to give it that distinctively piquant flavor you only get in your favorite local restaurant. This recipe teaches you how to make Consome de pollo at home so you can enjoy it whenever you want—and save money by doing so.