The ceviche de pescado recipe, which translates to fish ceviche in English, is both delicious and easy to make. The base of the dish consists of fresh fish that has been marinated in citrus juices, typically lime juice and lemon juice, as well as onions and garlic. This citrus marinade breaks down the proteins in the fish and turns it tender, while adding more citrus flavor to the mix.
You’ve probably heard of ceviche de pescado before, but did you know that it’s also known as seviche? This dish originated in Peru and was named after the sound that seafood makes as it cooks in citrus juice and seasonings. Ceviche recipes vary depending on the region and each chef, but it always involves marinating raw fish in lime juice until it has been cooked through without any heat.
What is Ceviche de Pescado?
Ceviche is a raw fish or seafood appetizer from South America. Ceviche de pescado is a type of ceviche made primarily with raw fish. Pescado is a popular ingredient in South American cuisine, both in cooking and eating. It's no surprise that most restaurant menus feature fish.
Ceviche de pescado is a dish that can only be found in Peruvian and Mexican cuisine. It is made with various types of fish and is commonly served with sweet potato, corn, chili peppers, and other ingredients. It is a popular Andean dish that is often served on special occasions.
It is frequently served as an appetizer or snack. It can be made with any raw fish, but white-fleshed fish like grouper, sea bass, or red snapper are the most common. The best part about these ceviches is that no preparation is required; simply combine all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl, chill, and serve. Everyone will enjoy this salmon ceviche, and it tastes even better the next day.
Ceviche de Pescado is best eaten the same day it is made. After the first two hours with the mix-ins, refrigerate it again. It goes well with tortilla chips, tostadas, plantains, lettuce leaves, and cucumber slices.
Recipe: Ceviche de Pescado Recipe
Author: LHH Food
Ingredients: Ingredients list here
Instructions: Click to go to process
Average rating: 4.9 of 5.0 from 58 reviews
Tags: pescado de ceviche, pescado ceviche, ceviche pescado, ceviche de pescado, ceviche de pescado recipe, ceviche de pescado food, how to make ceviche de pescado, ceviche de pescado recipe video, easy method of making ceviche de pescado, video on how to prepare ceviche de pescado, how to prepare ceviche de pescado, ceviche de pescado instructions video, ceviche de pescado recipe methods, ceviche de pescado recipe tips, ceviche de pescado recipe pictures, ceviche de pescado food photos, ceviche de pescado step by step instructions, ceviche de pescado cooking methods, ceviche de pescado methods, ceviche de pescado cooking directions
About: Ceviche de Pescado recipe guide. Learn how to make your ceviche de pescado.
Ceviche de Pescado Ingredients
- 1lb fresh fish (tilapia, sea bass, mahi mahi, or halibut fillets)
- ½ cup (120 mL) freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 large avocado, cubed
- 4 roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- large fresh cilantro leaves roughly chopped
- ¼-½ red onion very thinly sliced
- ½ habanero pepper, finely diced
- ¼-½ teaspoon jalapeño hot sauce
- kosher salt
Ceviche de Pescado recipe step by step
- Cut the fish into teeny-tiny cubes (about 12 inches).
- Put the cubed fish in a glass container with the lime juice and marinate for 6 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Remove the fish from the pan and place it on a plate to cool.
- Combine the lime juice, serrano pepper, tomatoes, thinly sliced red onion, diced haberno, jalapeo hot sauce (if using), and cilantro in a medium mixing bowl. To blend, combine all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Season the drained fish lightly with salt and stir it into the tomato sauce in a non-reactive, shallow dish.
- As soon as the avocado is added, serve with tortilla chips or saltine crackers.
Ceviche de Pescado pictures
Ceviche de Pescado Recipe Video
Learn how to make ceviche de pescado. This is a video on how to prepare fantastic ceviche de pescado.
How to make Ceviche de Pescado, endnote
Ceviche de pescado (also spelled cebiche or seviche) is a popular seafood dish originating in Peru that’s also served throughout Latin America and parts of the United States, but there are many variations to the dish depending on where you go and what you choose to serve it with. What all ceviches have in common, however, is that they’re made by preparing raw fish in an acidic solution like lemon juice or vinegar (or a combination of both), which cooks the fish through an enzyme reaction while also preserving it.