Tacos al vapor, or steamed tacos in English, are a popular Mexican dish that uses the same ingredients as traditional tacos, but they are prepared in a different way. Tacos al vapor are made by placing soft corn tortillas over warm steam and filling them with your choice of ingredients, like seasoned ground beef or shredded chicken, then covering them with another warm tortilla.
How to make Tacos al Vapor? What exactly are they? And how are they different from other Mexican dishes? These questions will be answered in this article along with plenty of tips and recipes to get you started on cooking these great tacos as soon as possible.
What is Tacos al Vapor?
Tacos al vapor are a classic Mexican cuisine eaten with traditional corn tortillas or corn or flour tortillas. A mound of meat is placed on a vertical steamer in this dish. The steam heats the meat, and the water from the meat drops down to flavor the veggies in the bottom container or cauldron.
Tacos al vapor are steamed tacos, but there's more to it than that. The tortilla is covered with a fragrant spice mixture, cooked, then filled with your favorite filling, wrapped, and steamed.
The most visible difference with tacos al vapor is the excellent tortilla. Before being fried, the tortillas are coated with a mixture of chiles, garlic, and cloves.
Tacos al Vapor are a type of soft taco that can be filled with a variety of fillings. A huge flour tortilla is used to wrap the fillings. They're a healthier alternative to tacos. The meat is cooked in a mixture of water and oil. In central Mexico, this meal is highly popular.
Tacos al vapor are prepared in the same way as normal tacos, except instead of an iron skillet, a steamer is used. They're fantastic tacos because they're served in the same foil that they're cooked in, so they stay warm.
Recipe: Tacos al Vapor Recipe
Author: LHH Food
Average rating: 4.9 of 5.0 from 63 reviews
Tags: tacos al vapor, steamed tacos, tacos al vapor recipe, tacos al vapor food, how to make tacos al vapor, recipe video, easy method of making tacos al vapor, video on how to prepare tacos al vapor, how to prepare tacos al vapor, tacos al vapor instructions video, tacos al vapor recipe methods, tacos al vapor recipe tips, tacos al vapor recipe pictures, tacos al vapor food photos, tacos al vapor step by step making, tacos al vapor cooking methods, tacos al vapor methods, tacos al vapor cooking directions
About: Tacos al Vapor recipe guide. These are Mexican steamed tacos. Learn how to make yours.
- 12 Corn tortillas
- 5 Tbsp oil
- 2 Chile anchos
- 1 lb. dried salted beef (cecina), cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips
- 1 Garlic clove
- 1 cup refried beans
- 1/2 cup. of shredded cheese
- Pinch of ground clove
- 1/4 cup water
- Toppings of choice
How to make Tacos al Vapor step by step
- Make 12 pieces out of the foil and parchment paper (7x6 inches). Brown the meat in batches in a large skillet over medium-high heat for 2 minutes, stirring once.
- In a pot over high heat, cook the chilies until they are soft. Drain the water and combine it with the remaining ingredients in a blender. Using a food processor, puree the garlic clove, a pinch of ground clove, and the water until smooth.
- 1 tablespoon oil, heated in a pan over medium heat
- Before putting a tortilla in the pan, brush it with Chile Ancho Sauce.
- Cook for about a minute, or until golden brown.
- Stack one tortilla, one foil piece, and one parchment piece together. Fill tortillas with beans, pork, and cheese, or any other toppings you choose; roll them up and tightly wrap them in parchment and foil.
- Continue in the same manner with the remaining tortillas.
- Wrap the tortillas in a piece of fabric and place them in a steamer pot. Steam for about 20 minutes.
- Tacos should be removed from their wrappers. Serve with salsa on the side.
- Microwave tortillas for 1 minute, flipping once, or until warmed through. Warm tortillas before filling and steaming them to prevent them from breaking.
Tacos al Vapor dish pictures
These are few tacos al vapor food photos. Carefully taken Tacos al Vapor food pictures evoking the tacos al vapor's best traits and its inherent deliciousness. With high quality colors and textures of the dish celebrated enormously.
Video on How to make Tacos al Vapor
Learn how to make tacos al vapor. These are Mexican steamed tacos. This is a video on how to prepare fantastic tacos al vapor.
Tacos al vapor (literally translated as steamed tacos) can be found on street corners, in taco stands, and in taquerias throughout Mexico. Although they’re not quite as common as tacos al pastor, tacos al vapor are still an easy and delicious way to enjoy your Mexican food favorites
Tacos al vapor is a Mexican dish that uses your slow cooker or crock pot to create tender and flavorful meats that can be paired with tortillas, guacamole, cheese, pico de gallo, and any other taco toppings you can think of. Made by stewing the meat in aromatics and liquids over several hours until it becomes fall-apart tender, tacos al vapor have become a mainstay of most Mexican restaurants. Using your slow cooker or crock pot makes this traditional dish easier than ever before—not to mention the fact that it will save you time and money!