Apply: 2023/2024 SPDC NDDC Postgraduate Scholarship Application Portal Requirements and Guidelines
SPDC NDDC Postgraduate Scholarship Application. Applicants from Bayelsa, Delta, imo, and Rivers states are invited to apply for the 12th annual NNPC SPDC Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship, which is being offered by the Nigerian National Petroleum Company (NNPC) Limited, Total Energies, Agip Joint Venture.
WHAT IS THE SPDC NDDC POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP?
The Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) in collaboration with the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) and other joint venture partners offers the SPDC-JV Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship. Students from Nigeria’s Niger Delta who want to pursue a postgraduate degree in one of several disciplines of study are eligible for the award.
For the fall semester of the current school year. Scholarships for one year of postgraduate M.Sc studies will be given by SPDC in collaboration with three universities in the UK: Imperial College London, University of Leeds, and University of Aberdeen.
WHAT FIELDS OF STUDY ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP?
IMPERIAL COLLEGE LONDON
- MSC Petroleum Geoscience
- MSc Applied Computational Science and Engineering
- MSc Environmental Data Science with Machine learning
- MSc Geo-Energy with machine leaning and Data Science
UNIVERSITY OF ABERDEEN
- MSc Geophysics
- MS Safety & Reliability
- Engineering for Oil & Gas
- MSc Advanced Chemical Engineering
- MSc integrated Petroleum Geoscience
UNIVERSITY 0F LEED
- MS Exploration Geophysics
- MS< Electronic/electrical Engineering
WHO CAN RECEIVE THE SCHOLARSHIP?
To qualify for the scholarship, you must:
- Be a resident of one of the Niger Delta states (Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Delta, Edo, Imo, and Rivers) and a citizen of Nigeria.
- have earned a bachelor’s degree with a minimum second-class upper division.
- have obtained admission to a prestigious British university’s full-time postgraduate degree program.
- not be enrolled in a postgraduate program at the time either in Nigeria or abroad.
- own a current Nigerian passport.
- Already hold (or expect to hold by the time of toking up the Scholarship) degree of an equivalent standard to a UK Upper Second-Class Honors degree
- Must have completed their National Youth Service by September 2023
- Be aged between 21-28 years by 30/09/2023.
- Employees, employees relatives (or former employees who have left employment less than 5 years before) of SPDC and is Joint venture partners, SHELL Group of Companies or the College will not be eligible to apply for the Scholarships.
- Have an adequate standard of English (at least 6.5 in IELTS) and meet the College language requirement
The scholarship pays for all tuition fees as well as one round-trip economy ticket from Nigeria to the UK, a living expenditure contribution, and a warm clothing allowance.
WHEN WILL THE SCHOLARSHIP BE AWARDED?
Shortlisted candidates will commence their studies in the UK by September.
HOW DO I APPLY FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP?
Applications for the scholarship are to follow the steps below:
- Submit application for admission to any of the participating universities for any of the qualifying courses.
- Application forms for the scholarship will ONLY be available through the websites of the Imperial College London, the University of Leeds and University of Aberdeen, following a formal offer of admission by the university
- The universities will process applications and select candidates who will attend interviews with SPDC before being considered for final selection.
- Completed scholarship application forms must reach participating universities not later than May 26th, 2023 which is the application closing date
Note: The scholarship will cover tuition, one economy return-flight ticket from Nigeria to the UK and a contribution towards living expenses only.