Pan Integral bread – it’s brown, it’s soft, it’s delicious! If you have bread in the USA, it’s probably white and fluffy, but there are so many other varieties! Pan Integral bread is also called pan gallego or galician-style bread, although it’s not unique to Galicia or Spain.
This is a complete Pan Integral recipe article, use below links to jump to sections.
Pan Integral Bread are soft, brown in color, natural leavened bread that provide you with the vitamins and minerals from whole grain and contains almost no fat, making it one of the healthiest breads you can have.
Pan Integral – Wholemeal Bread
Pan Integral bread is a brown, whole grain bread made with barley flour, but it can also be made with other grains such as rye, spelt or whole wheat flour.
In contrast to refined white bread, pan integral, also known as pan moreno or pan marrón, is wholemeal bread, sometimes known as brown bread, that has been made with unprocessed flour, that is, the whole grain, including the bran, has been left, giving it a high dietary fiber content. It is one of the most popular entire foods.
Furthermore, “wholemeal” refers to a variety of “traditionally manufactured” breads, such as Irish soda bread. In many northern European countries, eating this bread is considered part of a balanced diet.
Pan integral is a sort of bread made with a lot of whole grain flour, mostly wheat, and dark-colored ingredients like molasses or coffee. In Canada, Ireland, and South Africa, it’s whole wheat bread, whereas in the Maritimes and New England, it’s molasses bread. In some parts of the United States, pan integral or brown bread is referred to as wheat bread to complement white bread.
Unrefined wheat flour (obtained from the whole grain) is the major ingredient in this style of bread. Wheat flour is sometimes combined with other grains, such as rye. As a result, the crumb is darker than wheat flour bread (white bread). This sort of bread is not to be confused with Pan de Centeno (black bread), which is a rye flour-based bread. To get a more classic flavor, natural yeast or even mother yeasts are frequently used.
The sweet flavor of pan integral is enhanced by the addition of raisins and honey. It also contains a higher proportion of wheat bran. Some may be salt or sugar free, making them excellent for individuals on a strict diet. It is made using a variety of grains, though (it can be oats, rye, buckwheat, quinoa, etc.)
Pan Integral Recipe
Recipe: Pan Integral Recipe
Author: LHH Food
Ingredients: Ingredients list here
Instructions: Click to go to process
Average rating: 4.9 of 5.0 from 275 reviews
Tags: pan integral, pan integral recipe, pan moreno, pan marron, pan integral food, how to make pan integral, pan integral recipe video, easy method of making pan integral, video on how to prepare pan integral, how to prepare pan integral, pan integral instructions video, pan integral recipe methods, pan integral recipe tips, pan integral recipe pictures, pan integral food photos, pan integral step by step instructions, pan integral cooking methods, pan integral methods, pan integral cooking directions
About: Pan Integral recipe guide. Wholemeal bread recipe. Learn how to make your authentic food, pan integral.
Pan Integral Ingredients
- 400g strong wholemeal bread flour
- 100g white bread flour
- 7g instant dried yeast
- 1 tbsp black treacle
- oil, for greasing
- 50g melted butter
- 50g mixed seeds (pumpkin, sunflower, poppy and linseeds) optional
- 1 egg yolk
- Warm water
Pan Integral recipe step by step
- Combine the wholemeal and white bread flours, yeast, and 1 teaspoon fine salt in a large mixing basin. In a mixing bowl, combine the treacle and 250ml warm water and stir thoroughly. Stir in the flour to make a little sticky dough. If extra water is required, add 1 tablespoon at a time.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead the dough for 10 minutes (or in a tabletop mixer for 5-7 mins). The dough should be smooth and elastic when finished. Place the dough in a lightly oiled mixing bowl, flip it to coat it with oil, and wrap it in oiled cling film. Place it in a warm place until it doubles in size. Lightly coat the loaf tin in oil using a pastry brush.
- Knead the dough again for 3-5 minutes to remove any air bubbles, then add the majority of the seeds and mix them into the dough as you knead. Make an oval out of the dough that is roughly the same size as your muffin tin. Cover with oiled cling film and set aside to prove for 30-45 minutes, or until nearly doubled in size. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Fahrenheit/180 degrees Fahrenheit fan/gas 6 (Preheat oven to 200 degrees Fahrenheit/180 degrees Fahrenheit fan/gas 6).
- Gently poke a finger into the loaf to determine if it has had enough time to prove (see tip). Brush the top of the bread with the egg yolk and scatter the remaining seeds on top when it’s done.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until golden brown; when you tip the loaf out of the tin, it should sound hollow. Allow to cool on a wire rack for at least 30 minutes before slicing.
Pan Integral images
Video on How to make Pan Integral
Watch the video know-how of Pan Integral. Have a audio-visual clue and in depth explanations on how to make pan integral. Below is the video on how to prepare pan integral.
Learn how to make pan integral. Wholemeal bread recipe. This is a video on how to prepare fantastic pan integral.
How to make Pan Integral, endnote
How to make Pan Integral Bread. Pan Integral bread, or brown bread, is one of the most traditional Venezuelan breads and it can be easily made at home. Pan Integral is best served warm with butter or jam!
However, it takes time and patience to wait for the dough to rest, before baking it in the oven. This recipe can be easily doubled or tripled if you want to make several loaves at once and enjoy them over time. Its delicious taste makes it one of our favorite breads in Venezuela. Enjoy!
Get out there and try something new today! If you have any other questions or comments about preparing pan integral, please contact us anytime at here.