IDC Graduate Internship program – Young people without jobs in South Africa are invited to apply for graduate internships in 2023–2024 by the Industrial Development Corporation (IDC). JOB NUMBER: IDC00127
The Industrial Development Corporation of South Africa Limited (the IDC) is a state-owned, self-financing national development finance institution that provides funding for industrial development projects. The IDC also acts as a catalyst for partnerships between industries both inside and outside of our borders, which helps to boost regional economic growth.
The IDC internship program is a 24-month fixed-term contract that offers work experience supported by a thoughtfully designed training program that is tailored to allow one to gain beneficial work experience, explore career paths, and network with professionals in the workplace while earning a stipend.
We will orient you to IDC and provide you with the tools you need for success through our specialized onboarding program. While we expose you to the most recent carefully curated online information addressing our DNA infused IDC core skills, you will be immersed in a series of recognized learning assets covering topics intended to anchor you in your journey of 24 months.
We do this by:
• Proactively identifying and funding of high-impact and labour-intensive projects.
• Leading the creation of viable new industries.
• Using our diverse industry expertise to drive growth in priority sectors; and
• Taking up higher-risk funding projects.
We are therefore inviting applications for an internship programme which will run for a period of 24 months. Interns will be placed nationally within the IDC (Head Office & Regions).
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Applicants must be able to satisfy these basic eligibility requirements to apply for the internship:
- Applicants must be South African Citizens
- Applicants must be less than 35 years of age.
- Effective English writing and verbal communication skills
- Not be studying at any other institution.
- Applicant must not be registered or have been on any Learnership or Internship Programme
- All applicants must have a completed Qualification.
Closing date for applications is 31 August 2023.
Candidates will be required to undergo the competency-based interviews.
The following checks will be conducted, Criminal Record checks, verification of educational qualification and proof of South African citizenship.
Note: Successful candidates will be required to sign a 24-month fixed term employment contract.
Applicants must be in possession of any qualification of the following fields.
Any of the following qualifications:
B Com Accounting/Financial Management (Specialising in Management Accounting)/ BTech Cost & Management Accounting; Honours Information Science, B Com (Law); BA (Law) or, LLB; Diploma Risk Management; Diploma Travel & Facilities Management; Degree Industrial Engineering; Information Science or Archives studies; Information Technology; LLB or Degree in law; Bcom Business Management; Bcom Quantitative Economics or Industry Policy
BCom Human Resource Management, Diploma Human Resources Management/Development; Degree in Psychology; master’s in psychology (Completed or in progress); Diploma in Information Management or Archival Studies.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
|Any Of The Following Qualifications: B Com Accounting/Financial Management (Specialising In Management Accounting)/ BTech Cost & Management Accounting; Honours Information Science, B Com (Law); BA (Law) Or, LLB; Diploma Risk Management; Diploma Travel & Facilities Management; Degree Industrial Engineering; Information Science Or Archives Studies; Information Technology; LLB Or Degree In Law; Bcom Business Management; Bcom Quantitative Economics Or Industry Policy
|BCom Human Resource Management, Diploma Human Resources Management/Development; Degree In Psychology;Master’s In Psychology (Completed Or In Progress); Diploma In Information Management Or Archival Studies;
- Ability to build and manage relationships
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- scheduling and time management skills
- Good attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to liaise and engage with both internal and external clients
- Excellent customer relationship skills
- Respect for confidentiality due to the nature of work
- Innovation and Creativity
- Is proactive and forward-thinking
- Relating and Networking
- Strong Professional Judgement in managing situations and/or confidential information
- Relating and Networking
- Planning and Organising
- Following Instructions and Procedures
- Coping with Pressures and Setbacks
- Adhering to Principles and Values
- Presenting and Communicating Information
- In-depth knowledge of the respective field of study.
- Sound knowledge about the Industrial Development Corporation
- MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, MS Teams
- Ability to liaise effectively at a high level
How To Apply
To apply visit https://careers.idc.co.za/ and navigate to the dedicated application page. Follow the instructions, submit the required documents, and provide detailed information about your qualifications, experiences, and aspirations. Click Here
Share this with at least three individuals you believe will find it useful.
Please leave your questions in the comment section below.