Chips Beef is a special appetizer you would love. Learn the facts; easy chips beef recipe, ingredients and tips to make yours at home conveniently.
This article contains the following subheadings:
- Description: What it is, history, and facts.
- The Recipe: Detailed information on preparation and more.
- Recipe Video: A video guide.
- Pictures: Nice Chips Beef photos.
- Frequently Asked Questions: Answers to popular questions asked.
If you’re looking for something hearty, delicious, and comforting to make on one of those cold, winter nights, look no further than chips beef! Often referred to as steak and chips with all the trimmings, this dish of tender meat and crispy fried potatoes can be found on menus throughout Great Britain. You don’t have to wait until you get to the U.K., though; you can enjoy this classic comfort food right at home!
What is Chips Beef?
Chips beef is a hearty dish of steak, potatoes, and onions which is popular all over the world. Steak and chips recipes vary from country to country, but they are typically a hearty meal that will fill you up on a cold winter’s day.
The French call it steak frites, Germans call it schnitzel mit pommes (schnitzel with fries), and British people call it fish and chips. In Japan you can get kushi-katsu, which is a deep fried breaded pork cutlet served with rice or french fries.
If you’re looking for a hearty, healthy meal with an old-school feel, this dish is the perfect solution. Steak and chips is a British dish that consists of steak cooked in a pan, then topped with fried potatoes (chips) to create a one-pan meal.
To make this dish even easier to prepare, buy pre-sliced beefsteaks or pre-cut french fries instead of cutting them yourself.
Chips Beef Recipe
Ingredients needed for Chips Beef
- 600g medium-sized potatoes
- sunflower oil, for frying
- 2 x 200g/8oz beef steaks
- 2 handfuls mixed leaves
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 hoho
How to make Chips Beef step by step
- Cut the potatoes into neat chips, then rinse with hot water and pat dry with a tea towel.
- Put the chips in a large saucepan and cover with cold oil.
- Set the pan over medium heat, bring the oil to a simmer, and stir in the chips with a wooden spoon.
- Increase the heat so the oil bubbles quickly and fry the chips until crisp and golden, stirring occasionally so they don’t stick.
- When they’re done, use a slotted spoon to transfer them to a plate lined with kitchen paper and set aside.
- Cook meat until it is soft.
- Cook the onion in a pan until golden brown. Again, add tomatoes and cook for a few minutes before adding the precooked meat and stirring.
- Don’t overmix the cooked chips; garnish with dhania and serve.
Recipe Video: How to make Chips Beef
Video Title: How to make Chips Beef
Learn how to make chips beef. This is a video on how to prepare your chips beef.
Rated: 4.9 of 5.0 from 642 reviews.
The best way to cook beef steak at home is to first, season your steak with salt and pepper. Second, heat a pan over high heat. Third, add butter, oil or bacon fat to the pan. Fourth, place the steak in the pan for about three minutes per side for a medium-rare steak. Fifth, remove from pan and let it rest for five minutes before cutting into it so that all the juices stay in place.
The best cuts of steak for steak and chips are fillet, round, or rump. Steaks should be cooked to a medium-rare state.
The most important thing is to buy a good quality steak. Ask your butcher or the meat department at your grocery store for advice on which cut will be best for you.
You can also ask if they have any specials going on that day, like a sale on ribeye, or whether they have any other recommendations.
Recipe tags: chips beef, chips beef recipe, what is chips beef, chips beef food, how to make chips beef, steak and chips, beef chips, american, chips beef recipe video, easy method of making chips beef, video on how to prepare chips beef, how to prepare chips beef, chips beef instructions video, chips beef recipe methods, chips beef recipe tips, chips beef recipe pictures, chips beef food photos, chips beef step by step instructions, chips beef cooking methods, chips beef methods, chips beef cooking directions
Chips Beef endnote
For those of us from the UK, few things are more comforting than some good old steak and chips. There’s something about biting into that thin, crispy layer of potato and then getting to the tender, juicy steak inside that makes you feel warm and fuzzy all over. Add to this the thick, creamy gravy on the side and you’ve got a meal that can’t be beat – whether it’s after a long day at work or just as an indulgent treat every now and again!