Birria de chivo is a traditional Mexican stew that consists of goat meat cooked over low heat with different types of chilies and spices. The name comes from the Spanish word birra, which means drunkenness. This name alludes to the fact that the chiles used in this recipe can make you sweat profusely and feel intoxicated.
A traditional Mexican dish, birria de chivo, consists of goat meat cooked in red chili sauce. Goat meat should be cut into small pieces, boiled, and then stewed with tomatoes, onions, lime juice, and spices. Once the goat meat is marinated and cooked, it is served with tortillas, limes and cilantro. If you want to learn how to make birria de chivo, keep reading this article.
What is Birria de chivo?
Mexico’s culture is heavily influenced by soup. In fact, soup is served at many holidays and special occasions. Birria de Chivo, a spicy stew made from goat meat, is one of Mexico’s most famous dishes. It’s a good idea to learn how to make Birria de Chivo because it’s a popular dish in many households. If you’re going to a party, this dish is a must-have.
In Spanish, birria de chivo literally means “goat meat.” It’s an amazing dish that everyone should try at least once when prepared in this traditional way. This blog will guide you through the preparation of birria de chivo.
Birria is a type of stew from the Mexican state of Jalisco. The dish is made with slow-cooked goat meat until tender. The goat meat is cooked with a combination of spices and herbs, giving it a distinctive red color. Birria is a traditional Jalisco specialty in Mexico.
It’s a goat meat soup from Mexico. Birria de Chivo is a popular dish in Mexico and the surrounding countries. The goat meat is cooked with a variety of ingredients, including chiles. Slow simmering or braising is a common cooking method. This Mexican soup is traditionally served with corn tortillas. The meat and the slow braising process impart a deep, rich flavor to the soup.
Recipe: Birria de chivo Recipe
Author: LHH Food
Average rating: 4.8 of 5.0 from 35 reviews
Tags: birria de chivo, birria de chivo recipe, birria de chivo soup, how to make birria de chivo, recipe video, easy method of making birria de chivo, video on how to prepare birria de chivo, how to prepare birria de chivo, birria de chivo instructions video, birria de chivo recipe methods, birria de chivo recipe tips, birria de chivo recipe pictures, birria de chivo soup photos, birria de chivo step by step making, birria de chivo cooking methods, birria de chivo methods, birria de chivo cooking directions
About: Birria de chivo recipe guide. It is a traditional goat meat soup. Learn how to make your birria de chivo.
Birria de chivo Ingredients
- 1 kilo of goat meat
- 4 liters of water
- 1/2 whole onion
- 3 garlic cloves without skin
- 300 grams of cooked guajillo chili
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground dried cumin
- 7 dried bay leaves
- 1/2 tablespoon of grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- Salt and pepper (in quantity to taste)
Birria de chivo recipe step by step
- A dry skillet should be heated over medium heat. The chiles should be fragrant after about 20 seconds of toasting. Cover and place in a heat-resistant container. Bring 5 cups water to a boil, then pour over the chiles, barely covering them. After covering the container, set aside for 20 minutes.
- Cook the goat flesh in a large pot with water, onion, and garlic for about 180 minutes (2 hours 30 minutes).
- To make a marinade, combine the guajillo chile, onion, cumin, bay leaf, ginger, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Add the vinegar and tequila if desired, then combine and filter.
- Brush the meat with the marinade after it has finished cooking and leave it on the grill for another 60 minutes to absorb it.
Birria de chivo soup pictures
Video on How to make Birria de chivo
Learn how to make birria de chivo. It is a traditional goat meat soup. This is a video on how to prepare fantastic birria de chivo.
Buying goat meat from your local butcher shop can help you prepare this popular Mexican dish. However, if you don’t have easy access to goat meat, you can substitute beef or chicken with very similar results. Read more above to learn more about this delicious dish, including how to prepare it, what ingredients are needed, and how long it takes to cook birria de chivo.