Berenjena Parmesan sounds like something you might find on the menu at an upscale restaurant, but it’s actually incredibly easy to make at home, and it makes a delicious low-carb side dish! Berenjena means eggplant in Spanish, and the word Parmesan refers to the Italian cheese of the same name, so you can guess what this Berenjena Parmesan recipe is all about! You won’t believe how simple it is.
What is it?
Berenjena, sometimes known as Eggplant, is a tropical plant with fleshy fruits that is botanically categorized as a berry. Due to its use as a food source, it is referred to as a vegetable in the culinary world. It is a common vegetable in the Mediterranean and South Asian regions. It has a lot of antioxidants and vitamins in it.
Berenjena parmesan is an eggplant-based meal. It’s commonly served as a side dish with grilled meats and vegetables. There are various methods of cooking berenjena, some of which require the use of vinegar and others which require the use of coconut milk. Follow the instructions in this post to learn how to prepare this delectable dinner.
Some recipes take a while to get used to. One such recipe is the berenjena parmesan. Berenjena parmesan is a deep-fried eggplant loaded with cheese and breadcrumbs. The eggplant and cheese combination is simply amazing. To make it work, though, you’ll need to use high-quality ingredients. Let’s see how to make berenjena parmesan cheese.
Berenjena Parmesan Recipe
Recipe: Berenjena Parmesan Recipe
Author: LHH Food
Ingredients: Ingredients list here
Instructions: Click to go to process
Average rating: 4.8 of 5.0 from 146 reviews
Tags: berenjena, berenjena recipe, how to make berenjena, recipe video, easy method of making berenjena, video on how to prepare berenjena, how to prepare berenjena, berenjena instructions video, berenjena recipe methods, berenjena recipe tips, berenjena recipe pictures, berenjena food photos, berenjena step by step making, berenjena cooking methods, berenjena methods, berenjena cooking directions
About: Berenjena recipe guide. Berenjena is a dish made using eggplants.
- 2 medium berenjenas or eggplant (of about 2 1/4 pounds), cut into 1/2-inch-thick round slices
- Kosher salt, as needed, plus 1 tablespoon
- 5 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- Freshly ground black pepper
- All-purpose flour for dredging
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan, divided
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- Marina sauce
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (For sauce)
- 2 sprigs of fresh basil (For sauce)
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt (For sauce)
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt (For sauce)
- Freshly ground black pepper (For sauce)
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped (For sauce)
- 1/2 medium onion, diced (about 1/3 cup) (For sauce)
Always choose the large variety of berenjenas. Make sure they are firm and smooth. Also, choose male berenjena. They have fewer seeds and have a rounder, smoother bottom.
How to make Berenjena parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200C)
- Season the tops of the eggplant slices with salt and lay them on a baking sheet with a wire rack. Allow 45 to 1 hour for the liquid to drain.
- Brush off any excess salt with a damp paper towel once your eggplant slices have finished draining liquid. You don’t want it to be too salty!
- Breadcrumbs go in one shallow plate, while eggs and milk go in the other. Shake off the extra breadcrumbs after dipping both sides of the eggplant slice in the milk/egg mixture. Place on a platter or a large baking sheet and repeat with the remaining eggplant slices.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil 1 tbsp. vegetable oil 1 tbsp. vegetable oil 1 tbsp. vegetable oil 1 tbsp. vegetable oil 1 tbsp. vegetable oil 1 When the skillet is hot, add two eggplant slices at a time and cook until golden brown on both sides. Remove to a large plate lined with paper towels. Continue until all of them have been pan-fried.
- 1 cup marinara sauce should be placed in the bottom of a large casserole dish. Place a layer of eggplant slices on top, then dollop marinara sauce on top using a 1/4 cup. Sprinkle a good amount of mozzarella and parmesan cheese on top of the eggplant slices. Continue layering until you’ve used up all of your eggplant slices. Top the casserole topped with more cheese before placing in oven.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until bubbling and golden brown on top. I browned the cheese on the broiler for 5 minutes – you don’t have to, but if you do, keep an eye on it!
- Serve immediately with chopped basil on top, if desired.
Berenjena dish pictures
Video on How to make Berenjena
Learn how to make berenjena. Berenjena is a dish made using eggplants. This is a video on how to prepare fantastic berenjena.