Bisquets is a special dessert from Latin America. Learn the facts; easy bisquets recipe, ingredients; professional kitchen tips and improvisation to make yours at home conveniently.
This article contains the following subheadings:
- Description: What it is, history, and facts.
- The Recipe: Detailed information on preparation and more.
What better way to enjoy the holidays than by baking up some sweet and savory bisquets! Bisquets are a common dish in Latin American cuisine, and they go well with any meal, whether you’re celebrating Christmas, Thanksgiving, or just another ordinary day at home.
In this article, you’ll learn all about bisquets and how to make them as well as where to buy bisquets pre-made if you don’t have time to bake them yourself! It will be a tasty read!
What is Bisquets?
Bisquets is a delicious treat straight from the oven that is filled with sweetened condensed milk and dulce de leche. This popular dessert is typically served around Christmas time but can be made year round to satisfy your sweet tooth.
The dough is usually made of wheat flour, butter, water or milk, salt, eggs and sugar. The dough should rest for about an hour before it's rolled out into thin rounds then cooked on an greased cookie sheet in a preheated oven at 350-400 degrees Fahrenheit for about 20 minutes or until browned on both sides.
The word bisquet literally means small cake or cookie.
These small baked goods are usually eaten as a dessert, but can also be enjoyed at breakfast or as an afternoon treat with tea or coffee. Bisquets are usually small and rich, so only one or two will be enough to satisfy your sweet tooth without making you feel too full to enjoy your meal afterwards.
They’re also easy to make, so if you have some time on your hands during the holidays and you’d like to impress your friends and family with a new, delicious dessert, then this simple recipe should do the trick!
Ingredients needed for Bisquets
- 3 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tbs baking powder
- 1 tbs salt
- 1 tbs active dry yeast
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil (canola, soy, corn, sunflower)
- 3/4 cup organic cane sugar
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
How to make Bisquets step by step
- Preheat the oven. 400°F (205°C)
- Whisk together the flour, yeast, salt, and baking powder in the bowl of a stand mixer. Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles small crumbles. Just until the dough comes together, add 3 eggs and milk. Avoid over-mixing.
- Place the dough on a floured surface. Roll out into a rectangle shape, dusting with flour as needed. It should be approximately 1/2 inch thick. Roll out again after folding in the sides. Repeat once more.
- Cut out your biscuits with a 2 inch biscuit cutter and place them on a greased baking sheet.
- Gently press the tops of the biscuits to make the center mark with a clean empty soda bottle.
- Brush the tops of the biscuits with the remaining egg and water mixture. Bake for 15-18 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit, or until the outside is golden.
- Allow to cool for few minutes before serving with butter and jam.
Recipe Video: How to make Bisquets
Learn how to make bisquets. This is a video on how to prepare your bisquets.
Rated: 4.8 of 5.0 from 848 reviews.
Recipe tags: bisquets, bisquets recipe, what is bisquets, bisquets food, how to make bisquets, bisquets recipe video, easy method of making bisquets, video on how to prepare bisquets, how to prepare bisquets, bisquets instructions video, bisquets recipe methods, bisquets recipe tips, bisquets recipe pictures, bisquets food photos, bisquets step by step instructions, bisquets cooking methods, bisquets methods, bisquets cooking directions
Bisquets are an Italian pastry that’s been popular throughout the country since it was introduced by the Greeks centuries ago. Often served during Christmas, this sweet treat with its crispy exterior and moist center has become one of the most beloved holiday traditions in Italy, and it’s easy to see why! Here’s how you can make your own delicious batch of bisquets at home with tips from experienced bakers like yourself.