Queso Mozzarella is a popular Mexican appetizer. Learn the facts; easy queso mozzarella recipe and ingredients, and professional kitchen tips to make yours at home conveniently.
This article contains the following subheadings:
- Description: What it is, history, and facts.
- The Recipe: Detailed information on preparation and more.
Despite the name, queso mozzarella dip isn’t actually mozzarella cheese. Rather, it’s made from stringy mozzarella cheese, water and queso or Velveeta cheese (or in some cases, both). If you want to make your own queso mozzarella dip at home, the recipe couldn’t be easier! With just few ingredients and a few minutes of prep time, you can turn out the ultimate party snack in no time flat. Follow along below for all the details on how to make queso mozzarella dip at home!
What is Queso Mozzarella?
Queso is a melted cheese dip that is traditionally served with tortilla chips. It can be made from any type of cheese or combination of cheeses and is usually thickened with flour or cornstarch. Queso fresco, which means fresh cheese, does not use any thickeners, so it's much thinner than other quesos.
In general, homemade queso will taste better than store-bought queso. Homemade cheese dip is also free of preservatives and additives, which have been linked to irritable bowel syndrome and heartburn.
What is queso mozzarella dip? It’s basically the best dip you’ll ever try. It’s a mixture of queso, mozzarella, jalapeno peppers and other spices, and it’s seriously addictive!
To the uninitiated, it might seem like queso, mozzarella dip, and cheese dip are all the same thing, but it turns out there’s more to these party staples than meets the eye. If you’re not careful, you could be making one of these sauces instead of a cheese dip that’s reminiscent of Mexican cuisine.
Queso mozzarella dip isn’t just great for parties; it’s also versatile enough that you can use it in so many different meals, from breakfast to dinner and everything in between.
Queso Mozzarella Recipe
Queso mozzarella dip is one of the ultimate party appetizers and it has been around since the early 1900s. It’s creamy, hot, cheesy and oh so addictive. Check out this guide on how to make the best queso mozzarella dip every time! You’ll be amazed at just how easy it really is to make!
Ingredients needed for Queso Mozzarella
- 12 ounce can evaporated milk
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 8 ounces (2 cups) mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces (2 cups) American or cheddar cheese*
- 1 10 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 8 ounces green chiles
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro leaves & stems
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup half and half, or more as needed
How to make Queso Mozzarella step by step
- Whisk together the evaporated milk and cornstarch in a skillet over medium heat. Reduce the heat to low once it reaches a simmer.
- Add a large handful of cheese to the milk and stir constantly.
- Continue to stir and add another large handful.
- Continue to stir in all of the remaining cheese.
- Stir until the cheese is completely melted. The queso will be extremely thick.
- Combine the diced tomatoes, green chiles, cilantro, and spices in a mixing bowl.
- Stir until thoroughly combined. Thin the queso with half and half as needed.
Refrigerate leftover mozzarella queso in an airtight container for 2-3 days. You can as well microwave it in 30 second sequence, stirring after each. Or probably reheat over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until thoroughly warmed. If necessary, thin the queso with milk or water.
Rated: 4.9 of 5.0 from 843 reviews.
Recipe tags: queso mozzarella, queso mozzarella recipe, what is queso mozzarella, queso fresco, dip, mozzarella queso, queso mozzarella food, how to make queso mozzarella, queso mozzarella recipe video, easy method of making queso mozzarella, video on how to prepare queso mozzarella, how to prepare queso mozzarella, queso mozzarella instructions video, queso mozzarella recipe methods, queso mozzarella recipe tips, queso mozzarella recipe pictures, queso mozzarella food photos, queso mozzarella step by step instructions, queso mozzarella cooking methods, queso mozzarella methods, queso mozzarella cooking directions
Queso Mozzarella endnote
Do you love the cheesy, creamy goodness that’s a queso dip? Are you looking to wow your friends with an amazing party dish? Then this guide on how to make queso mozzarella dip, including some recipes and variations, is the place to be!