Huevos con Chorizo, translated to eggs with sausage, is one of the many traditional Mexican breakfast dishes that you can make in your own kitchen at home. It’s easy to prepare and fun to eat! Here’s everything you need to know about how to make Huevos con Chorizo, and what ingredients you’ll need to complete the recipe at home.
Huevos con Chorizo is a delicious breakfast dish that combines the taste of Spanish chorizo and tortillas de patatas (potato pancakes). If you’re feeling inspired to prepare this dish in your own kitchen, here’s how to make Huevos con Chorizo. Note that, although it takes some time to prepare, Huevos con Chorizo tastes better if it has time to chill in the refrigerator before being served!
What is Huevos con Chorizo?
Chorizo is a Mexican seasoning made of finely chopped pork that is seasoned with chili peppers, garlic, and other spices. Huevos con chorizo, on the other hand, is a traditional Mexican breakfast dish consisting of scrambled eggs, Mexican sausage or chorizo, and beans.
Mexican breakfast differs from American breakfast in that it is savory rather than sweet. The dish is simple and is frequently served with eggs and meat or sausages with eggs and tomato.
One of the most well-known dishes is Huevos con Chorizo. This recipe originated in Andalusia, my country's southwestern region. This savory dish is made by combining fried Spanish rice, scrambled eggs, fried chorizo, and green pepper with spices and vinegar.
Recipe: Huevos con Chorizo Recipe
Author: LHH Food
Average rating: 4.6 of 5.0 from 497 reviews
Tags: huevos con chorizo, huevos con chorizo recipe, huevos con chorizo food, how to make huevos con chorizo, recipe video, easy method of making huevos con chorizo, video on how to prepare huevos con chorizo, how to prepare huevos con chorizo, huevos con chorizo instructions video, huevos con chorizo recipe methods, huevos con chorizo recipe tips, huevos con chorizo recipe pictures, huevos con chorizo food photos, huevos con chorizo step by step making, huevos con chorizo cooking methods, huevos con chorizo methods, huevos con chorizo cooking directions
About: Huevos con Chorizo recipe guide. Huevos con Chorizo are scrambled eggs with chorizo rolled into tortillas and topped with cotija cheese and fresh salsa.
Huevos con Chorizo Ingredients
- 3 red and plum tomatoes
- 1/2 jalapeno
- 1 small red onion
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tsp lime juice
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable or grape seed oil
- 1/2 cup uncooked Mexican chorizo
- 1 small white onion
- 6-8 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 8 6-inch flour tortillas
- 2 avocados
Huevos con Chorizo Recipe
- In a mixing bowl, combine the onion, tomatoes, cilantro, jalapeno, and lime juice, season with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the chorizo and cook for 3-4 minutes, breaking up the meat into large chunks as it cooks.
- Add another tablespoon of oil if the mixture appears to be dry.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until the onion is tender, about 2 minutes (Always control the heat to medium)
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs until light and frothy.
- In a skillet, melt the butter.
- Pour the eggs over the chorizo once the butter has melted, stirring constantly until they are just set.
- Serve with tortillas, avocado, and pico de gallo, garnished with the reserved cilantro.
Huevos con Chorizo Pictures
Learn how to make huevos con chorizo. Huevos con Chorizo are scrambled eggs with chorizo rolled into tortillas and topped with cotija cheese and fresh salsa. This is a video on how to prepare fantastic huevos con chorizo.
You’ve probably heard of eggs with chorizo, but you might not have heard of huevos con chorizo. Huevos con chorizo is a dish made by frying up chorizo sausage with onions and scrambled eggs, creating a delicious combination of flavors that will give you energy for your day, whether you eat it for breakfast or brunch. It’s simple to make and fun to customize so you can find the perfect combination of ingredients that work best for you. Here’s how to make huevos con chorizo!