If you’re looking to try something new and exciting but you’re not sure where to start, try making Rajas con Queso! It’s one of the most popular Mexican dishes out there, combining sweet peppers with creamy cheese to make a satisfying meal. Luckily, it’s also really easy to make at home if you follow these simple steps below!
What is Rajas con Queso? Rajas con Queso (also known as Queso Flameado) are tender strips of poblano peppers and onions, covered in a cheese sauce and garnished with cilantro and lime juice. This dish originated in the Mexican state of Jalisco, but it has since spread throughout Mexico and the United States. It’s delicious to eat on its own, as part of nachos or tacos, or even as an appetizer alongside tortilla chips. Learn how to make this classic Mexican dish with these easy instructions!
What is Rajas con Queso?
Rajas con queso is a taco filling made with fresh Poblano chile, a mild green chile used in rajas, rajas, and crema de poblano. This dish is popular throughout Mexico.
Chile Chilaca with Queso y Crema is another name for it. Rajas means strips in Spanish, while queso means cheese. As a result, rajas con queso translates to "strips with cheese" in English.
Make taquitos with this scrumptious recipe, which is spicy but wonderfully creamy and will have you wanting to make it again and again.
Rajas with queso are a great vegetarian option for days when you don't want to eat meat. Clean the poblano peppers by roasting them for 15 minutes on a comal, then placing them in a bag and allowing them to rest for 15 minutes. This will make them sweat, allowing you to peel and cut them into slices with ease.
The rajas are a great addition to a variety of Mexican dishes, and the best part is that they're easy to make.
Recipe: Rajas con Queso Recipe
Author: LHH Food
Ingredients: Ingredients list here
Instructions: Click to go to process
Servings: 10 Tacos
Average rating: 4.8 of 5.0 from 63 reviews
Tags: strips with cheese, rajas with cheese, rajas con queso, rajas con queso recipe, rajas con queso food, how to make rajas con queso, rajas con queso recipe video, easy method of making rajas con queso, video on how to prepare rajas con queso, how to prepare rajas con queso, rajas con queso instructions video, rajas con queso recipe methods, rajas con queso recipe tips, rajas con queso recipe pictures, rajas con queso food photos, rajas con queso step by step instructions, rajas con queso cooking methods, rajas con queso methods, rajas con queso cooking directions
About: Rajas con Queso recipe guide. Rajas with creamy cheese. Learn how to make your authentic food, rajas con queso.
Ingredients you will need
- 5-6 fresh poblano peppers
- 3 tablespoons corn oil
- 2 large onions, halved and sliced about 1/4 inch thick
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- chicken bouillon granule, to taste
- 1 1⁄2 cups oaxaca mozzarella cheese, cut into small cubes
Hpw to make Rajas con Queso step by step
- On a griddle or over an open flame, roast the chilies until they are browned but not burned.
- Wrap the chillies in a cloth and put them in a plastic bag for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the chilies from the pot and use a kitchen towel to remove the skins.
- The chiles should be firm to the touch.
- Before slicing them into 1/2-inch pieces, remove the seeds and ribs.
- It is not necessary to rinse them.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chilies and onions at the same time.
- Stir the mixture constantly.
- After everything is soft, add all of the sour cream and the chicken bouillon granules.
- Remove the cream from the burner after it has reached room temperature and mix in the cheese.
Video on How to make Rajas con Queso
Learn how to make rajas con queso. Mexican rajas with cheese. This is a video on how to prepare fantastic rajas con queso.
You’ve probably heard of queso in reference to dishes such as quesadillas and nachos, but have you ever heard of rajas con queso? Not only does rajas con queso taste delicious, it’s also simple to make and very versatile in the kitchen. In this article, we’ll discuss what rajas con queso is and how to make it!
A traditional Mexican dish called Rajas con Queso translates to peppers with cheese in English. It’s prepared with cheese, roasted poblano peppers, tortillas, and usually some onion, as well as any additional seasonings you prefer. Making Rajas con Queso couldn’t be easier; all you need are some ingredients, a pan, and an oven! Let’s get started on how to make Rajas con Queso so you can enjoy it tonight with your family or friends.