How to make Pollo Empanizado, What is Pollo Empanizado? The ultimate guide! Learn how to make Mexican style chicken empanadas in your own kitchen! This recipe is great for Cinco de Mayo, or any other day you’re craving something yummy and homemade!
What exactly is Pollo Empanizado and how do you make it? The short answer to this question is that it’s fried chicken - deep fried chicken to be more precise - that has been coated in bread crumbs, but if you want to go into more detail, read on. Don't worry, we’ll walk you through everything you need to know about this popular dish, its ingredients, the preparation process and the many different ways in which it can be served.
What is Pollo Empanizado?
In English, Pollo Empanizado simply means "breaded chicken." It's one of the best ways to make chicken, and it's also very adaptable. Breaded chicken can be served as a main course or as a side dish. The most common method of preparation is to coat the dish in flour, egg, and breadcrumbs. Other methods of breading chicken, on the other hand, can provide some delectable outcomes.
Pollo Empanizado, commonly known as Pollo Empanado, is a popular dish in Mexican households and restaurants. It's created with seasoned breaded chicken cutlets that are pan-fried to perfection in just 30 minutes, and it's a quick, easy, and delicious family supper favorite!
Despite the fact that Pollo Empanizado isn't technically Mexican, it's a popular family meal in Mexico and served in many Mexican restaurants. Add cumin, chili powder, and oregano to the breading for added flavor and excitement. This simple chicken recipe may be served with rice, fresh jicama slaw, corn salsa, and tortilla chips for a delectable, new family favorite for supper.
Split chicken breasts are breaded and pan-fried before being served with a green salad or vegetables.
Recipe: Pollo Empanizado Recipe
Author: LHH Food
Ingredients: Ingredients list here
Instructions: Click to go to process
Average rating: 4.9 of 5.0 from 441 reviews
Tags: pollo empanizado, pollo empanizado recipe, pollo empanizado food, how to make pollo empanizado, pollo empanizado recipe video, easy method of making pollo empanizado, video on how to prepare pollo empanizado, how to prepare pollo empanizado, pollo empanizado instructions video, pollo empanizado recipe methods, pollo empanizado recipe tips, pollo empanizado recipe pictures, pollo empanizado food photos, pollo empanizado step by step instructions, pollo empanizado cooking methods, pollo empanizado methods, pollo empanizado cooking directions
About: Pollo Empanizado recipe guide. Breaded chicken recipe.
- 4 chicken fillets
- 2 large egg
- bread crumbs
- Oil for frying
- salt and black pepper
How to make Pollo Empanizado step by step
- Place the chicken fillets on a dish and set it aside. Season with a pinch of salt on each side. Breadcrumbs should be halfway filled on a second dish.
- Whisk an egg with a pinch of salt and a few grinds of pepper on a third plate. Finally, on a separate plate, spread some absorbent kitchen paper that will be used to place the breaded chicken once it has been cooked.
- Heat the oil in a medium frying pan (about 15 cm in diameter). It is necessary to heat the oil to a medium-high temperature.
- As the oil warms up, we begin breading the chicken fillets. The first step is to run the chicken through the egg, turning it with two forks several times to ensure that it is completely saturated.
- Place the chicken on the breadcrumb-covered plate, but make sure the fillet drains any leftover egg as it moves from plate to plate.
- Once it's on the dish, we totally coat it in breadcrumbs and turn it several times.
- To do so, you can use tweezers or very clean hands.
- We lift the chicken and shake it a little to remove any excess breadcrumbs after it has been fully battered.
- If the oil is already hot, add the chicken; if it isn't, place one fillet aside with the breadcrumbs on one side of the plate and finish breading the remaining fillets.
- We start frying the chicken fillets once the oil reaches the desired temperature.
- We can leave it for a few minutes longer on each side unless the fillet is extremely thick.
- Finally, drain any residual fat by placing the fillet on a platter lined with kitchen paper or paper towels.
Video on How to make Pollo Empanizado
Learn how to make pollo empanizado. Breaded chicken recipe. This is a video on how to prepare fantastic pollo empanizado.
What is Pollo Empanizado? Pollo empanizado, or breaded chicken, is not only one of the most famous and popular dishes in Puerto Rico, but it's also one of the most versatile! You can add just about any ingredients you want and it will still taste good! However, no matter how you like your empanizado there are some things that need to be done right in order to achieve perfection! This guide will help you learn how to make the ultimate pollo empanizado.