I'm going to show you how to make Pescado Zarandeado, one of the most famous dishes in Latinos cuisine. Pescado Zarandeado means tied fish and comes from the Andes region of Ecuador, specifically Cuenca and Loja. Despite its name, there is no tying involved in making this dish; the name came about because fishermen used to tie their catches to trees so they wouldn’t get away or be taken by another predator.
Pescado Zarandeado usually consists of trout or sea bass that has been marinated in olive oil, garlic and lemon juice and then cooked on a grill. But what many don’t know about Pescado Zarandeado is that it can be served as more than just a fish dish – you can use it as an alternative to chicken wings!
What is Pescado Zarandeado?
Pescado Zarandeado is a traditional dish from the Mexican state. It contains 2 popular ingredients in the area: pescado and chile pasilla.
Pescado zarandeado is a traditional Mexican dish made with marinated fish. The fish is usually marinated in a mix of cilantro, lime juice and spices. It is then left for a few hours to soak up the flavours. This blog will tell you how to make this dish.
The Pescado zarandeado fish recipe is one of the most emblematic of Mexican cuisine with fish and seafood. This dish is a classic in almost all the coasts of the country, with small variations, depending on the region where it is cooked.
Today, some cooks prefer to include spices and fiery chilis in their dishes rather than just salt, which brings out the natural tastes of the fish. Fish tacos have piqued my interest.
Above all, the zarandeado pescado is believed to be one of the most important in the state of Nayarit. Although it can be made with a variety of fish, including snook or snapper, many chefs think that red snapper is the most popular.
Perhaps it's because of the distinct flavor it has, as well as its velvety smoothness. However, you can easily alter the formula to your preferences. The name "shaken fish" comes from fisherman who would shake the fish till they died. That's where its name comes from, but it also leaves us with a flavorful, straightforward recipe.
The most common way to prepare this recipe is to use fish such as red snapper, dorado or snapper. Grouper, sea bass, bonito, sole, a good curvina or a branch can also be used.
Recipe: Pescado Zarandeado Recipe
Author: LHH Food
Ingredients: Ingredients list here
Instructions: Click to go to process
Average rating: 4.9 of 5.0 from 71 reviews
Tags: zarandeado fish, pescado zarandeado, pescado zarandeado recipe, pescado zarandeado food, how to make pescado zarandeado, recipe video, easy method of making pescado zarandeado, video on how to prepare pescado zarandeado, how to prepare pescado zarandeado, pescado zarandeado instructions video, pescado zarandeado recipe methods, pescado zarandeado recipe tips, pescado zarandeado recipe pictures, pescado zarandeado food photos, pescado zarandeado step by step making, pescado zarandeado cooking methods, pescado zarandeado methods, pescado zarandeado cooking directions
About: Pescado Zarandeado recipe guide. It is the most delicious fish dishes in Nayarit: the zarandeado fish tacos.
- 1 large fish (snapper, dorado or large red snapper)
- 1 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon of mayonnaise
- ½ tablespoon mustard
- ½ tablespoon of bottle sauce
- 1 jar of Worcestershire sauce (to taste)
- 1 jar of maggi sauce (to taste)
- 1 jar of soy sauce (to taste)
- 1 pinch of salt and pepper
- ¼ unit of Onion in slices
- ¼ unit of Chile bell pepper in slices
How to Pescado Zarandeado step by step
- Place the fish skin side down in a foil-lined broiler press (bottom only).
- Put the cloves of the shelled garlic in enough oil to cover them over a very, very low heat to soften them completely so that you can make a puree with them, (taking care that the heat is not too high because the dora and they no longer serve) In addition, generously salt and pepper the fish that we will shake, so that the flavor of the salt and pepper remains well when you put it on the coals.
- In a separate container, combine mayonnaise, mustard, bottle sauce, and a few drops of maggi, English, and soy sauce to taste (if desired).
- Remove the garlic from the oil and press it hard through a fine strainer to collect the mash that comes out; this puree is applied with a brush to the already seasoned fish, and then the mayonnaise mixture with the other ingredients is applied (with the same skewer ).
- To finish, the slices of red pepper and onion are arranged throughout the fish, the press is closed, and the fish is grilled upside down (the meat first) for ten minutes to brown the fish and caramelize the garlic, then turned over and roasted for seven to ten minutes.
- The charcoal should not be in direct flames and should preferably be slightly consumed, as it will not burn the fish.
- It's delicious to serve the pescado zarandeado with some limes on top of the fish, white rice made in the microwave, tortillas, and a tomato sauce, either in cubes or with a fork.
Pescado Zarandeado dish images
Video on How to make Pescado Zarandeado
Learn how to make pescado zarandeado. It is the most delicious fish dishes in Nayarit: the zarandeado fish tacos. This is a video on how to prepare fantastic pescado zarandeado.