Papitas are one of the most popular appetizers in Latin America —and for good reason! This tasty dish can be served either warm or cold, making it the perfect appetizer no matter the season.
Papitas are delicious, crunchy morsels of flavor. Their name comes from the Spanish word papita, which means small potato. Papitas are similar to french fries in both appearance and texture, but they’re made with sweet potatoes instead of regular potatoes. Crunchy on the outside and tender on the inside, papitas make an excellent side dish to serve with tacos or hamburgers, or you can use them as an appetizer served with your favorite salsa or guacamole dip. You can even eat them plain as a healthy snack!
Recipe: Papitas Recipe
Author: LHH Food
Ingredients: Ingredients list here
Instructions: Click to go to process
Average rating: 4.8 of 5.0 from 464 reviews
Tags: papitas, papitas recipe, papitas food, how to make papitas, papitas recipe video, easy method of making papitas, video on how to prepare papitas, how to prepare papitas, papitas instructions video, papitas recipe methods, papitas recipe tips, papitas recipe pictures, papitas food photos, papitas step by step instructions, papitas cooking methods, papitas methods, papitas cooking directions
About: Papitas easy recipe from LHH Food. Learn how to make your papitas from home.
- 6 potatoes, median
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 can whipping cream, (little)
- 6 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
How to make Papitas step by step
- Cook until the potatoes are tender. Remove the meat, drain it, and cut it into pieces.
- Grease the bottom and sides of a medium refractory mold with butter and 1/2 teaspoon of the garlic sauce.
- Combine the melted butter and the leftover garlic sauce in a separate bowl. Save. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Season the cream to taste with salt and pepper. Fill the mold with a layer of potatoes and a dollop of butter and cream.
- Continue in this manner until you reach a layer of cream. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bake until the cheese is browned in a preheated oven.
Papitas dish pictures
Papitas are a traditional food eaten in Mexico and other Latin American countries at family gatherings, especially during the holidays. Traditionally, papitas are homemade, but you can also find them on store shelves nowadays! They’re made with basic ingredients like corn flour and water, but if you have trouble finding these ingredients, don’t worry—there are plenty of substitutions you can make at home. Above there is how to make papitas so that you can enjoy this traditional Latin American snack any time you want!