Ejotes con huevo are fresh, green beans cooked with fresh eggs. Ejotes con huevo (not to be confused with ejotes con chile) can be served as a side dish or an appetizer, and it’s popular throughout Central America and the Southwestern United States. Ejotes con huevo recipes vary from place to place but often include ingredients like garlic, tomatoes, onions, bell peppers, salt, chile peppers and cilantro. Here are some recipes for ejotes con huevo that you can try at home!
Ejotes con huevo is a popular breakfast dish in Mexico and in most Mexican restaurants. It’s essentially the same thing as scrambled eggs but made with green beans and of course served on top of corn tortillas although not necessarily... but that doesn’t really do the dish justice. Let me show you how to make ejotes con huevo so you can see what I mean!
What is it?
Ejotes are simply green beans. Ejotes are the unripe, young fruit of various cultivars of the common bean. Immature or young pods of the runner bean, yardlong bean, and hyacinth bean are used in a similar way. Green beans are known by many common names, including ejotes, French beans, string beans, snap beans, snaps, and the French name haricot vert.
Ejotes con huevo recipe or Green beans and scrambled egg recipe can be served for breakfast or as a side dish with your main course. This recipe is easy to prepare, delicious, and high in protein.
The Green Beans And Scrambled Egg is a unique take on the traditional scrambled egg. We are free to try new things with the dishes we prepare every day at home. The recipe becomes more healthful when green beans are added. If you have some cooked green beans left over from the day before, you may toss those in as well.
Do you enjoy repurposing your leftovers into something completely different? My directions presume you're creating this delicious dish from scratch, but you can easily use any leftover vegetables from your fridge. Instead, toss the veggies in with the eggs because they've already been cooked. This will allow them to warm up without overcooking.
Recipe: Ejotes con Huevo Recipe
Author: Chef Service
Average rating: 4.8 of 5.0 from 52 reviews
Tags: ejotes, ejotes recipe, how to make ejotes, recipe video, easy method of making ejotes, video on how to prepare ejotes, how to prepare ejotes, ejotes instructions video, ejotes recipe methods, ejotes recipe tips, ejotes recipe pictures, ejotes food photos, ejotes step by step making, ejotes cooking methods, ejotes methods, ejotes cooking directions
About: Ejotes recipe guide. A delicious dish of eggs with green beans.
- 1 lb ejotes or green beans (cut into 1 inch (2.5cm) bites)
- 5 medium eggs
- 1 ½ cup (300 gr) tomatos
- 1/2 jalapeño
- 1 medium onion
- 3 Tbsp (40 gr) olive oil or cooking oil
- 2-3 hot chilli peppers (optional)
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove (peeled)
- Salt, to taste
How to make Ejotes con huevo step by step
- Lightly scramble the eggs in a bowl and set aside.
- Tomatoes, jalapeo, and onion should all be diced.
- Green beans, also known as ejoyes, should be sliced in half or an inch to an inch and a half in length.
- In a saucepan, place the green beans, washed and chopped into bite-size pieces. Cover with water and a spoonful of salt. Bring to a boil, then lower to a low heat and cook for another 5 minutes.
- After draining the green beans, place them in a basin. Take it out of the equation.
- In a blender, combine the tomatoes, onion, chili peppers, and peeled garlic clove. Add a cup of water and blend until the sauce is smooth.
- In a medium skillet or saucepan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. With the diced onion and jalapeo, sauté for about a minute, until aromatic.
- Add the tomato sauce and season with cumin, salt, and pepper to taste. Allow 5 minutes for the sauce to simmer on a low heat setting.
- Cook for 3 minutes after adding the green beans and tossing to mix.
- Combine the green beans, scrambled egg, and whisked egg in a large mixing dish. Allow for a half-minute of simmering before mixing.
- Occasionally stir the eggs until they are fully done.
- Season with salt and pepper as needed. Cook, continually stirring, until the eggs are fully cooked.
- Serve with toasted bread or corn tortillas, refried beans, salsa, and molcajete sauce on the side.
Ejotes con. huevo dish images
Video on How to make Ejotes
Learn how to make ejotes. A delicious dish of eggs with green beans.
How to make Ejotes, endnote
Ejotes con huevo (which means beans with eggs in Spanish) refers to a traditional Mexican dish that consists of pinto beans, scrambled eggs, and red chile sauce on top. You may be asking yourself what exactly ejotes con huevo is, how it tastes, or whether you should try it if you are visiting Mexico anytime soon! In this article are answers to all of those questions so you can determine whether this interesting dish is right for you!