If you love spicy food, then you’ll absolutely love this delicious rice dish! Arroz con Salchichas (rice with sausage) originated in Spain, but it has spread throughout Latin America and the Philippines and continues to gain popularity worldwide. This spicy dish pairs well with beer or sangria and makes an excellent addition to any party menu.
Arroz con Salchichas, or Rice with Sausage simply in English, is a well-known Mexican dish consisting of rice cooked in chicken broth and pork sausage or chorizo served on top. This recipe serves 5. Feel free to double the quantities if you have a larger group to feed or want leftovers!
What is Arizona con Salchicha?
Salchichas translates to "sausages." A length of this dish is comprised of ground meat (or meat substitute) and seasoning, packed in a portion of the animal's intestine or a similarly cylindrical shaped synthetic casing.
Rice with Sausages, or Arroz con Salchichas, is a traditional Christmas dish. Salchichas are Spanish sausages made mostly of pig or chicken, but occasionally also beef. It's a rice-based dish, but it can also be served with arroz mantecado, a type of fluffy rice. Let's have a look at how to do it!
Yellow rice with sausage is known as arroz with salchichas. Although most people cook it with vienna sausage, you can substitute any sausage you have on hand. This is a traditional Cuban or Puerto Rican dish that can be served as a side or main course.
Recipe: Salchichas Recipe
Cuisine: Puerto Rican
Author: LHH Food
Ingredients: Ingredients list here
Instructions: Click to go to process
Average rating: 4.8 of 5.0 from 432 reviews
Tags: salchichas, salchichas recipe, how to make salchichas, recipe video, easy method of making salchichas, video on how to prepare salchichas, how to prepare salchichas, salchichas instructions video, salchichas recipe methods, salchichas recipe tips, salchichas recipe pictures, salchichas food photos, salchichas step by step making, salchichas cooking methods, salchichas methods, salchichas cooking directions
About: Salchichas recipe guide. Arroz con Salchichas is a unique recipe incorporating rice and sausages. Learn how to make your authentic food, salchichas.
Salchichas Ingredients List
- ½ cup Green bell pepper diced
- ½ cup Red bell pepper diced
- 3 tablespoon Olive oil for frying
- ½ cup Spanish tomato sauce or plain tomato sauce
- 2 Roma Tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Sofrito homemade or jar version
- 1 small Onion, diced
- 2 cups Long Grain rice uncooked
- 3 cans Canned Vienna Sausages drained and sliced
- ½ teaspoon Bijol Powder or 1 envelope of Sazon Culantro y Achiote
- ½ cup White wine use table wine only
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt or to own taste
- 15 Green Olives optional
- 1 ¼ cup Chicken Broth
- 2 tablespoons Capers
How to make Arroz con Salchichas step by step
- Remove all debris from the rice.
- Cook the bacon in a pot over medium high heat for 2-3 minutes, until cooked but not crispy. Remove the bacon from the pan but keep the fat. You'll add the olive oil to that fat.
- You'll add the seasonings and sofrito when the olive oil has warmed up.
- In 3 tablespoons olive oil, soften the green peppers, red peppers, and diced onion, then add the minced garlic cloves and cook for another 2 minutes.
- After that, add the Roma tomatoes and cook for about 4-5 minutes on low heat.
- Cook for a minute, then add the remaining ingredients (except the rice and broth) and cook for another minute. Stir it all together, heat for another minute to let the flavors blend, then begin cooking.
- After that, add your rice and stir to thoroughly coat it in the sauce you've produced. Allow for another thirty seconds to a minute of cooking before adding the stock and bacon. After adding the broth, combine everything and season to taste. If desired, season with additional salt.
- Bring the water to a boil, reduce to a low heat, and when the broth has reduced to the point where it is no longer entirely covering the rice, give it one more toss, cover the pot with a tight fitting lid, and cook for 25-30 minutes, or until the rice is cooked through. Like an al dente spaghetti noodle, there should be a little white speck in the center.
- Remove the pot from the heat once the rice is done cooking, but wait five minutes before lifting the lid. After five minutes have passed, open the lid and fluff it gently.
Arroz con Salchichas dish images
Video on How to make Arroz con Salchichas
Learn how to make salchichas. Arroz con Salchichas is a unique recipe incorporating rice and sausages. This is a video on how to prepare fantastic salchichas.
If you love the classic Cuban dish arroz con pollo but are looking for something new to add to your repertoire, Arroz con Salchichas might be just what you’re looking for. This simple, satisfying dish can be made with rice, chicken and pork sausage, making it an easy weeknight meal that everyone in the family will enjoy. Above here is how to make it in few steps.