You might have heard of arroz con pollo, but what about arroz chino? Most Peruvians know about it and enjoy it, but most foreigners are unaware of this amazing dish. Let’s take a look at what arroz chino is, where it came from, and how to make it.
Arroz chino is an ancient Peruvian dish that combines the best of both Chinese and Latin American cuisines, resulting in some of the most beloved flavors on the planet. How do you make Arroz chino? Fortunately, this recipe makes it simple to create your own amazing dishes right in your own kitchen!
What is Arroz Chino?
Arroz Chino is a fried rice dish that is popular throughout Greater China and the world. In Chinese banquets, it is sometimes served as the penultimate course, just before dessert. There are a variety of seasonings that add just the right amount of flavor to the dish. Soy sauce, oyster sauce, and fish sauce are the most important of these ingredients. These three add distinct flavors to rice, but when used in large quantities, it's easy to go overboard.
Arroz chino is a specialty rice dish made from Chinese-style rice. An interesting side note is that the name "arroz chino" means "Chinese Rice" in Spanish. It is not a traditional Filipino rice dish, but was adopted from the Chinese who migrated to the Philippines in large numbers during the Spanish Colonial Period.
It's similar to Spanish fried rice but with a more Asian flavor profile. Arroz chino is a popular dish in many Spanish/Hispanic restaurants in the United States. Growing up, Spanish rice was a staple in most Spanish homes. It's a simple dish to prepare, but it's also very tasty.
Recipe: Arroz Chino Recipe
Author: LHH Food
Ingredients: Ingredients list here
Instructions: Click to go to process
Average rating: 4.8 of 5.0 from 412 reviews
Tags: arroz chino, arroz chino recipe, Chinese fried rice, arroz chino food, how to make arroz chino, recipe video, easy method of making arroz chino, video on how to prepare arroz chino, how to prepare arroz chino, arroz chino instructions video, arroz chino recipe methods, arroz chino recipe tips, arroz chino recipe pictures, arroz chino food photos, arroz chino step by step making, arroz chino cooking methods, arroz chino methods, arroz chino cooking directions
About: Arroz Chino recipe guide. The best Chinese rice recipe you can find, prepare it and surprise all your guests with this fabulous Chinese rice recipe with vegetables.
- 3 cups white rice
- 1 Tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 11/2 cup carrot, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups lechon asado (or cooked ham), diced
- Sesame oil
- Veggies corn
- Snap and snow peas
- Broccoli florets
- Baby corn
- Bean sprouts
- Bell pepper chopped or sliced
- Baby shrimps or medium size shrimps
- Boneless pork rib or pork
- Thinly sliced beef
- 3-4 scallions, chopped
- 1 chicken breast cut into tiny sizes
- ½ inch cubes
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 large eggs whisked
- 4 tbsp butter
- ½ white onion chopped
- 1½ teaspoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Arroz Chino Recipe
- In a cast iron skillet, cook the chicken.
- Set aside parboiled rice with seasonings, chicken stock, salt, and pepper.
- Cut the boneless pork and chicken breast into 12 inch cubes and set aside.
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted in a skillet
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper before mixing it in with the pork.
- Cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cook for another 3 minutes, or until they are fully cooked.
- Remove the pan from the heat and set it aside.
- For the fried rice, scramble eggs in a cast iron skillet.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs with a fork.
- Melt another tablespoon of butter in the pan. Scramble the eggs in the pan.
- Break the eggs into small pieces with a spatula. Take the eggs out of the pan and set them aside.
- On a cutting board, cut all of the available vegetables and set them aside.
- In a cast iron skillet, cook chicken cubes, veggie mix, scallions, garlic, and onion.
- In a cast iron skillet, combine the veggie mixture, scrambled eggs, and white rice.
- Cook for a minute after adding the garlic. Return the chicken to the skillet and stir in all of the ingredients. (Be careful not to burn the garlic; it will change the flavor of the rice.)
- Return the scrambled eggs to the pan.
- Add the chilled white rice that has been parboiled.
- Stir in the soy sauce, oyster sauce, and sesame oil.
- Make sure all of the ingredients are thoroughly combined with the rice.
- Serve the rice right away.
Arroz Chino dish pictures
Learn how to make arroz chino. The best Chinese rice recipe you can find, prepare it and surprise all your guests with this fabulous Chinese rice recipe with vegetables. This is a video on how to prepare fantastic arroz chino.
What Is Arroz Chino? It’s a rice dish that has its origins in Peru, but contains elements from both Peruvian and Chinese cuisine. Arroz chino can be served as a side dish or on its own as an entrée, and it pairs well with pork and chicken. It’s also great with egg dishes like fried eggs, omelets, or simply sliced boiled eggs. Here are the steps to making arroz chino that will make you an expert in this delicious fusion dish!